2015 F150

Rate this topic

vloney

Sales guy was showing me the appearance guide and price sheets on them. holy fak are they expensive compared to a '14. A basic xlt truck is $4000 more than previous year, the high end lariats are about $10,000 more than previous, and a king ranch is 78k. Also there is no more dedicated fx4 lineup. The fx4 is now an add on package like the superduty.

I keep trying to get a job as a CEO so I can afford things like that. I have the skills necessary, I can fire workers and cut the remaining workers' wages so the stock price shoots up and boosts my CEO bonus. What am I doing wrong?

I guess I could change my goal. I will just try to be a service manager. I can cut back on use of shop supplies by making techs get a manager signature for any needed general supplies, fire porters and get the techs to clean the shop taking away from their available time to do billable work, and starve my experienced techs by hiring unskilled low wage techs and giving them ALL the better paying repair jobs and having the experienced guys bail them out when they mess up. I know this last plan seems to work as it repeats all too often.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Same here. New car prices suck balls and they are sky rocketing every year. About the only thing I can afford is a new fusion however I dont even want to drop 30k on one and almost just rather keep driving what we have instead. Not having the D-plan kinda blows too but at least I still have good contacts and buying power through my currenty employer. The used market isnt much better when I was shopping for a 2011+ F250 and then money they where asking for them was insane. You would be better off with a new one after you get done with the bs used ones. The other big problem with the used market is people cant take care of a vehicle for shit and they end up being money pits to the new owners.

I wonder how long we have until we see a crash like we did in the housing markets? Eventally this endless financing on a 80k truck is going to come to a halt.

Im betting on the next Gen superduty being damn close to 100k for a platiumn trim

Even with these prices people yearn to be liberated from their money. We just got a 'brand new' 2014 F350, 6.7, 4x4, platinum, lifted on 35s traded in with 16 000 km. It also has diesel care and prepaid. I can only imagine the kind of hit that was taken on that rig. Even financed over a long term you're still looking at ~$1500/month, plus the $15 000 or so hit taken the second it left the lot. You're talking around $30 000 for the privilege of driving a one ton for ~12 months. It boggles the mind.

Conversely, the wife and I do pretty darn good when it comes to bringing in a pay cheque and our yard holds a 2003 Sierra dually, a 2006 Rav4 and a 2009 Kia Rio. Not flashy, but no payments. Different priorities I suppose.