Stand pipe dummy plug kit

Rate this topic

I have a HPO leak from the "old" dummy plug on the right side oil rail. parts gave me a kit that contains 2 stand pipes, 2 dummy plugs, the green PCV o-ring and 6mm Allen plug (not sure what its for).

I searched oasis for a tsb and didn't find anything

was this an old TSB? just wondering why they are all sold as a kit?

I believe this is a recall or TSB for an LCF 4.5L hence the 6E7Z prefix (E7 = LCF). It just happens to work on a 6.0L because the engines share a lot of similar components.

You can get an individual dummy plug or standpipe but if you need all 4 it's cheaper to get the kit

Aside from that, most if not all engines that have a failed D-ring should have all of the o-rings serviced. Frequently more than one degrades so it makes sense to replace all of them. The shiny plug goes in the ICP sensor hole on the left oil rail which on the 4.5L in LCFs seem to commonly blow out but rarely on 6.0L engines

This kit started with the LCF way back when but finally got cross referenced for the 6.0 I remember a TSB or SSM but dont recall the number. We always used the LCF kit as it had the teflon addtion to the o-ring as the 6.0 numbered parts did not

Whenever I have a o-ring failure of one of the standtubes or dummy plugs its gets all of them replaced. I learned this early on after chasing the leaks from valve cover to valve cover if only changing the failed plug.

yah that's what I figured, ill just do all 4 now and keep a happy customer. I didn't know what to charge so I looked up in the Mitchel book and I booked the same time as if I were to replace one injector on each bank.

I couldn't even hear the air leak on the left head because the air was rushing out so loud on the right. I cant count how many times I have seen dummy plugs replaced but the stand pipes are still the 10mm allen heads. now I have never seen a standpipe o-ring fail but I mean "come on" your right there man!

• 1 month later...

I have a HPO leak from the "old" dummy plug on the right side oil rail. parts gave me a kit that contains 2 stand pipes, 2 dummy plugs, the green PCV o-ring and 6mm Allen plug (not sure what its for).

I searched oasis for a tsb and didn't find anything

was this an old TSB? just wondering why they are all sold as a kit?

Whats the entire PN for the kit?  Never mind Found it.....

Edited by Chase

• 4 months later...

currently in my bay is a 2008 e-450 with hot no start. air tested and heard a loud rush of air coming from the left valve cover. recommended doing both sides to ensure that the updated stand pipes and dummy plugs wouldn't be a failure at a future date. they approved the repair estimate and when I removed the left side standpipe I inspected it and didn't find any nicks or cuts in the O-rings. However, when I removed the dummy plug I found the lower seal completely cut in half and causing the pressure loss and the hot no start. I have also never actually seen a standpipe o-ring fail but I mean come on now, its 12hrs work on an "E" series. lets update both pieces and insure that the customer is not stranded in a hot no start in the future.