6.4 starts runs stalls

Rate this topic

This one is interesting... Customer buys and installs new turbo assy. Then buys a 6012 long block (less fuel parts) He put in old injectors with new O-rings lines and new high pressure pump. Bleeds fuel runs ok then shuts off. Multiple phone calls later he tows it here.

Cranks normal won't start Low pressure pump 0 psi  I install HFCM bleed low and high pressure systems. Now low is 5-7 psi.It starts, runs fine, then shuts off.  Only code is P2291.  Will run fine with the 310-184 bleed adaptor installed. Soon after installing the fitting it stalls. Repeated this a few times.

My concern is with the high pressure bleed adaptor installed and running it pumps out major amounts of air that never let up.  Which I believe is my problem but not really sure what could do this. Anyone have any ideas? Seen this before?

(from hard start no start diag sheet--go to check combustion gas in rail which I am doing next.)

Could this just be an injector seal issue?

We had one in with the same issue, new gut at an indy shop did head gaskets and it wouldn't run after. We get it and it runs with the bleed tool and pumps lots of air. ALL the injectors were loose.