PTS Challenge

Rate this topic

sdv4x4

It is a great time, you will be pampered and they cater just as much to your better half. I had a co worker that went, and a they brought home cash and gifts and just an all around good time....oh and a....shall I say "open bar"? :)

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

For anybody who went this year or in years past - did your dealer pay you a wage while away?

One of our master techs was asked to go as a representative of Peace River Ford. Upon return he was greeted with a pay cheque down three days work. What do y'all think about that?

I tried to start a thread asking the same thing on PTS but it looks like it got shot down without seeing the light of day. Disappointing to hear that there are others in the same position.

Things have been ramping up in a negative way at my store and my colleague getting short changed on his Michigan trip is the latest point of contention. Fortunately this has since been rectified thanks to some solidarity between our lead techs and some well-placed bitching.

There are four of us (in a shop of eight) who are trained. We put out 95% of the warranty work, produce some very solid flat rate numbers and still keep a strong enough FRTFT score to warrant the PTS Challenge trip. You would think that the brass would want to keep us happy.

I am straight flat rate, if I'm not there, I don't get paid. They did complain about me being gone, as I was also on holidays this last week as well. There was some mention about work getting backed up, as I make up 50% of the journeyman techs in out shop. I went on the trip for my own experience, after thinking long and hard about whether I wanted to go or not. I also had to pay for a hotel in Calgary as I am 3 hours drive from the nearest airport and I had to check in at 4:00am sunday morning for my flight. It was a great experience, and well worth the expense in my mind!

• 2 months later...

Been away from this site for a few months. The trip was amazing! open bar and great food, touring the Henry Ford museum, (they shut the museum down early just for us with open bar so we had the museum to ourselves) walking Greenfield Village, driving around the proving ground tracks in romeo to seeing f150's rolling out the door every 60 seconds at the Rouge Factory. Meeting with the SLTS group, Hotline, Audit group and many Ford executives. I highly rec anyone that has the chance to go. trip of a lifetime! And btw, my dealer sucks and didnt pay for me to go, I had to use vac time.

Ford only pays for you to go, you can bring along ur wife or girlfriend at ur expense but she can't go to any ford related activities. And all 3 days you are gone from 630am to 10pm. You get a hour break around 5 to unwind before dinner.

I should be eligible to go this year, but I am pretty sure that Canadians can only go every 3 years, Anyone who went last year cannot go this year or next year. Lame in my opinion.

• 1 month later...

Well I made the cut. #1 in my group, with a fellow tech in the car shop coming in 2nd place. Pretty excited about going, never been out of the South East US so gonna be interesting going to Dearborn for me.

• Like 1

Well I made the cut. #1 in my group, with a fellow tech in the car shop coming in 2nd place. Pretty excited about going, never been out of the South East US so gonna be interesting going to Dearborn for me.

Yep. I saw your name on the list. The points came out and I missed 2nd by 1 point. But oh well I finished 3rd and that's good enough for the trip.

• 5 months later...