What's In Your Bay - Part VI

Rate this topic

Keith Browning

I have an 2006.1 VCM disc that I used to back date my IDS and reflash my old 2006 6.0L.  This disc had the original non-inductive heat strategy for the FICM so it would have been the middle of 2006 for the post shutdown buzz. 

Had to put upper control arms and lower ball joints in a '00 Exploder, had to use oversized ball joints for the lowers. I guess it was rust jacking that made the hole in the lower control arm to big for the OE ball joints since the ball joints I took out looked to be original.

Until today I have not seen any EBP or connector issues on a 6.7

This is a 15 F-550 with about 45k miles. I saved a good, previously replaced, EBP connector from a 6.0 main harness replacement and just made the repair by splicing in a gently used terminal.  Further up the wire of course.

image.jpg

2010 Escape, PTU seals, left axle seal, right rear axle seal and 4 tires. 99 E450 Airport shuttle sitting outside for oil and coolant leaks that I am a little reluctant to bring in. 

Finished those 7.3 injector o-rings today. Also did a 6.4 EGR valve and mixing bowl, the easy way of course.

Looked at a 12 F-550 dump that needs balljoints and an E-brake control. That's for tomorrow.

All my parts are here for the 6.7 shortblock and the MT-82 trans. Not really looking forward to either one. I'm probably going to have to build the MT at night. The trans is torn down on the other side of the shop near the press, I'm not sure I can handle being over there with the other fine quality techs we have.

image.jpg

Nah this engine is a jasper reman that's only a few years old. The injector cups in it are still bright and shiny so that may have something to do with it. Likely the color is more pronounced because of my phone.

I don't actually know but if the injectors physically contact the cup that would explain it too.

A/c Evap core on a 2008 F350 6.4Diesel. On the plus side its a great time to pull the random change and junk from the defrost vents!

gallery_430_97_558163.jpg

6.7L F350 auction special getting a fan clutch and reductant line. With a possible torque converter seal down the road. 2010 F350 Harley Davidson 6.4L with no compression on #7 and metal in the fuel, waiting on approval for a drop in. 2005 F350 6L no start sitting outside.

Just put a rad in a 2010 2500 6.7 dodge, book time was 3 hours. There was only 6 bolts I had to undo, sweet job.

Gravy grabber! Nothing changes!

You wanna talk gravy...Just finished a reductant pressure line on an F350 Wide frame, retail labor is 1.6 hrs, took me all of 20 minutes.  :partay:

Just put a rad in a 2010 2500 6.7 dodge, book time was 3 hours. There was only 6 bolts I had to undo, sweet job.

I learned from the best  ;)

I learned from the best  ;)

Bahahaha. 

How about a pig sty of a Transit Connect for a blower motor switch, resistor and who knows what else?

Console looks as if "what happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas", if you know what I mean.  Need a damn hazmat suit to work on it.   Driver fills entire interior with garbage and schmutz of all kinds. 

Makes me sick.

And, of course, instead of a blower speed switch, we get a recirc button.  Something about catalog shows wrong number when looking it up.  Wonderful.

I have... not one, not two, but three blown up 6.7L engines. :banghead:  I think am ready to get out. I cant take this shit any more.

Sounds like you have your work cut out for you. Better you than me. Just curious, but are any of them pickup truck applications?

Sounds like you have your work cut out for you. Better you than me. Just curious, but are any of them pickup truck applications?

None. All are F450/550 chassis cab trucks.

#1 a F450 municipal dump which is apart and I am at this moment swapping parts onto the now long block. While the truck is under warranty, this engine is not covered due to insufficient maintenance. it has 38000 on the odometer but 4068 engine hours with only three oil changes. Engine is heavily sludged, crank bearings are gone. $15K customer pay.

#2 is a flatbed F550 with a reman engine in it that sounds like it is in the process of locking up. Customer just put a turbo on it... I'll bet he did not change the oil before starting it.

#3 is another municipal F550 dump truck that just came in on a hook, Oil dripping from the engine. Locked up and wont crank at all.

After I finish engine #1 I have a Torqshift 6 I have to pull and figure out why it wont move. All of these jobs require the only heavy engine stand we have so they are just stacked into a holding pattern and I will get to them in order.

I have... not one, not two, but three blown up 6.7L engines. :banghead:  I think am ready to get out. I cant take this shit any more.

Honestly, I would rather be doing that instead of the bullshit 6L auction pieces of crap I am currently dealing with. Seriously, WTF is wrong with these people? I blame all the fucking RIG PIGS with their fucking chipped up RIG ROCKETS on this. Now everyone thinks they can own a diesel pick-up because they are going for cheap at auction houses.....THERE IS A FUCKING REASON THEY ARE SO CHEAP DUMB ASSES..... :mad: