What's In Your Bay - Part VI

Rate this topic

Keith Browning

I get the intercooler out of the excursion, the tank is seperated like I thought. Slam the new one in, blast it down the road and it falls on its face worse than before. I can't imagine what the hell is going on with it.

I'm on my way back, coasting down a long hill and I put it in tow haul to use some engine braking. As soon as RPM went up, EBP went higher than desired and VGT opened all the way to compensate. That ain't right, I know the turbo is fine.... then I realized what was happening

Anyone know what this is a picture of? First time I ever saw this.

image.jpg

P/S pump on a '11 E-Series these pump are nice, they come with the pulley installed. Also the parts catalog is unclear about the o-ring for the pressure line @ the  pump. I ordered BC2Z-3F887-A & it seems to be correct. This o-ring is just slightly bigger then the normal P/S O-rings.

DON'T JUDGE ME.. Egr cooler delete on a 2009. Customer also wants me to put a toggle in line with signal return on the EBP, he had the EBP sensor go funky on him once and the fuel consumption almost halved, the lack of boost was tolerable he said. He wants to see if he can recreate it when he runs the highway empty.

I did an EGR delete on a 6.4 last year that no one knew about. The customer was already DPF deleted and needed thermostats plus the horizontal cooler was cracked and leaking externally. The thermostats got changed, the coolant leak stopped and no one found out.

Yup spun 90 degrees and blocking the exit.  I've heard of it but this is the first one I ever saw. 

First one always seems to kick your ass, After that you will always remember. Ive come across about a dozen or so over the years. 

2006 F350-injector stuck open and wrecked the engine. Waiting on approval.

2015 F350 with an aftermarket air filter, dirty MAF sensor, complaining of fuel mileage issues and surging at idle...

2014 reductant line heater open. 

I've got another 13 E-450 bus with a broken coast clutch cylinder. Tore the oil pan off a 06 F-450 6.0 because it was making a pretty distinct knocking noise I couldn't pinpoint. It's got 2 bad lifters, one has a nice chunk missing the oil pickup tube caught, I'll post some pics. Also got the cab up on the last set of headgaskets,

image.jpg

Had a 2017 f-350, leaking primary rad and cut o-ring on the secondary coolant temp sensor. If you do a primary rad in a 2017 there three foam seals I recommend ordering.

Wow. Even these new ones are leaking rads? When the hell is Ford going to get their act together with these rads?

If it is any consolation, chevy is having a problem as well. It is actually a recall on some newer 1/2 tons. I diaged one the other day and the customer called chevy to check warranty, that is how we found out about it. They are blaming it on defective thermostats. Excessive themal cycling is cracking the end plates and making tank seals fail.

05 Excursion body is up and engine torn down, waiting on set of head studs

94 F350 7.3 IDI is locked up, has rod hanging out of the side of oil pan

07 F350 crank no start, 160 psi icp

11 F350 6.2 lost power on highway

2000 F350 dump with 5.4 lost power

05 Excursion body is up and engine torn down, waiting on set of head studs

94 F350 7.3 IDI is locked up, has rod hanging out of the side of oil pan

07 F350 crank no start, 160 psi icp

11 F350 6.2 lost power on highway

2000 F350 dump with 5.4 lost power

Excursion body's come up pretty fast don't they.

How many miles on the idi?

08 350 6.4 had gas ran through it 3 years ago.  HPFP finally called it a day and seized causing cam gear to break free from the camshaft. All pushrods bent, entire fuel system is ruined due to debris throughout. Pics posted soon.

• Like 1

The bus company okay'd a coast clutch cylinder and soft overhaul on the torqshift. Still waiting to hear on the 6.0 cam and lifters. Outside are 2 6.7 F-550 service trucks. One needs a retail tranny and the other a turbo. It's gonna be a bitch doing a torqshift 6 on the ground

Excursion body no big deal, only thing extra was more body bolts, fill neck and bulk connector in the back for tail lights. It does help to remove all the bolts. Started to lift and back wasnt coming up. Took the bolts out under the 3rd row and the rear pair. Didnt see the pair in between.

IDI has 70k or 80k miles, guy just bought it. He also has a 2000 F450 sitting here needing 3500 in brake and front end work. Truck will barely start and run. He thought cam sensor recall would take care of it. Its been sitting outside since last week waiting on approval.

2000 F350 dump went in to overheat protection, stuck thermostat and corroded cooling system. Only has 18k miles, spent its whole life on golf course parking lot.

The bus company okay'd a coast clutch cylinder and soft overhaul on the torqshift. Still waiting to hear on the 6.0 cam and lifters. Outside are 2 6.7 F-550 service trucks. One needs a retail tranny and the other a turbo. It's gonna be a bitch doing a torqshift 6 on the ground

You don't have a big enough drive-on to pick it?