Hybrids

Rate this topic

Keith Browning

Got me a 2016 Fusion Energi in Titanium trim package. I am not a hybrid kinda guy but the incentives were too good to pass up. WOW is this a nice car.

Anybody here own a hybrid? Know where on the internet to get more information on driving/owning them? I am hybrid certified but working on them is not the same as owning them!image.jpeg

Sweet ride Keith. I don't own one, but I would think that the biggest challenge would be to master regenerative braking without pissing off the general public. Nice choice, Grampy Jim would be proud. :partay:  :thumbup:

We have sold exactly one hybrid in the 7 years I've been here.  The best part was it was a former shop foreman/tech from our Lincoln store who bought it.  Aside from class that is the only one I've ever seen.

Girls are 15 and 10. We still own a Freestyle which actually has more cargo room than the Explorer did. For humans the car is quite roomy actually. It might not suit a man your size - I remember you being quite tall. This car is mostly going to be for commuting to and from work.

I got the wife a 2016 Fusion about 6 months ago and we love it. I did not opt for a hybrid tho as I really didnt want to hassle work possible of more repairs down the road. I actually almost bought the base 2.5 motor instead of the 2.0eco boost we end up with for the same reason. We plan to keep it and drive the wheels off. One of the biggest reasons we ended up with the fusion was cost. After D-plan, 0% finance and rebates it was stupid cheap. The comparable model edge was over 8k what the fusion which I couldn't justify.

The fusion is quite roomy for its size. The truck is huge and I think it had more cargo room then the edge we where looking at. We have a 8month old baby and planning on another so hopefully two kids will fit in the thing when the time comes!

Sport model is coming for the 2017 model year. That should be a cool ride!

I guess I will chime in here. My wife traded her Edge in for a 2016 Fusion. This was at the end of last year. I like the car, it handles really well. We didn't get a hybrid, actually we got the base engine (2.5). We have 2 car seats in it so it's basically a two seater now,  :)  I do agree that it has a huge trunk, but it just isn't as easily accessed as the Edge was. I also like the global opening function. We are already saving our money for tires as we all know how fast these things wear on Fusion's.

I guess I will chime in here. My wife traded her Edge in for a 2016 Fusion. This was at the end of last year. I like the car, it handles really well. We didn't get a hybrid, actually we got the base engine (2.5). We have 2 car seats in it so it's basically a two seater now,  :)  I do agree that it has a huge trunk, but it just isn't as easily accessed as the Edge was. I also like the global opening function. We are already saving our money for tires as we all know how fast these things wear on Fusion's.

good point about it being a 2 seater when car seats are installed. however that is just about anything unless you get into something with a 3rd row seats. We talked about that as well and decided if we need to haul other people other then our kids they can find their own transportation! :cool: 

I was quite impressed with the handling. We did the drive one program about a year before buying our fusion. We had it for about 6 days and took it on a nice 500mile roadtrip for those few days. That is really what sold us on the car.

At least the 18s are cheap to replace. Those 19" on the titanium are EXPENSIVE!!

• 1 month later...

2 months and I am still on my first tank of gas! :rockon: Even better is that I have learned how to drive this thing to stretch my range and I can make it to and from work on a single charge now... and I charge at work.

Holy Shnikes.....you're gonna have to add some sort of fuel storage treatment to your fuel tank, like a winterization deal, to keep the gas fresh. :haha2:

These things will actually monitor when fuel in added to the tank and run the engine if you go a certain period with out filling up. This forces you to keep fresh fuel in the tank. 

Haven't owned one myself or work on any, but took the Hybrid Class last week and there is some really cool stuff in those cars. Almost made me want to buy one. We had several guys lease some Fusion Energi's  about 2 years ago. No problems that I heard of. I have thought about getting one, but 90% of my 36 mile(each way) commute to work is interstate with 70+mph speed and I figured hybrid would not be my best option.

We've replaced two eCVTs so far, for an internal bearing failure of some sort, that mimics the symptom of a wheel bearing failure. Both were newer MKZ Hybrids if it matters.

We replaced one as well for the bearing type noise. There is a shaft inside the the trans that drives the oil pump. It doesn't have bearings supporting it so eventually it saws through the case. Not serviced separately.

2 months and I am still on my first tank of gas! :rockon: Even better is that I have learned how to drive this thing to stretch my range and I can make it to and from work on a single charge now... and I charge at work.

Keith, have you noticed an increase in your home electric bill?

:grin:

Keith, have you noticed an increase in your home electric bill?

:grin:

There was an increase but nominal. I expect that but by the mile electric is cheaper which would have a bigger impact if gasoline was still $3.60 a gallon. I can charge for free at work so 5 days a week, I do. I'll have a better picture in a year, it uses more energy in higher and lower temperatures keeping the batteries cool and heated as needed. I'll also have more electric bills for comparison.