6.4 web based class available

Rate this topic

Quote:
It was a qualifier exam for the State of Connecticut emissions repairer course.
Damn, now that I think of it, that was pretty funny and yes, the grease monkey WAS that stupid.

I think we'll see a HUGE separation of technicians and mechanics with this one...

i took the web course for the 6.4 and took the test with no problem looks like theres techs out there that want the money without having to work for it

My problem over the last three years has been plenty of work with NO pay for doing it RIGHT! The gravy suckers continue to get rich up-selling while the old guys with integrity go broke...

For those that say "you have to do it for you" and all that crap...I can't pay bills with my integrity...takes money!

I wish you all well. I no longer feel I have anything positve to add to this forum. I'm not upset with anyone here, it's just time to "Move Forward" with my life. Going to do something else... /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/puke.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/poke.gif

Good Luck Guys!/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/rockon.gif

ktmlew, sorry to see you go.

Ford Doctor, in regards to your post anything you can do to help the parts guy's help you. If you pass that info on about the parts that have to be replaced, might make it easier if the parts dept. knows ahead of time and maybe keep them in stock for quicker turn around time.

As for me thanks for the heads up.

Larry, My team mates and I actually do communicate with our parts department on things WE would like to have in stock because we know certain things can be difficult to get or having them in stock makes the difference between a job getting done and sitting a few days. I politely ask to stock certain items and as long as the computer shows that we sell them more frequently than once a year, my parts manager usually obliges. Unfortunately, my dealer, like so many, are on a tight budget and having too many things stocked can become a burden so I try not to abuse the give and take we have established.

But yes, good advice none the less! I do think it may be a little early to stock parts for these engines though. Heck, they may almost never break! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/whistle.gif

Yeah Keith we try to be the same way with the techs. The concern I have is that the way it sounds we'll all be on a learning curve with this launch. Ford actually sounds like they have thought this one out a little better than the 6.0. It would be really nice to have more info for the parts side available. As for me I'm a nosey bugger anyway and will dig until I find what I want.

Three of us requested for Edmonton... no class schedule up as yet.

Hopefully, it might be early enough for my loving bride to take advantage of those after Xmas sales.... Like any true Canadian, she endeavours to spend 10% more than I earn.

For anything else, I stress the same team approach the boss does.... even to the point of using it against him.... Every dealership has this "us against them" attitude as one department competes with the other to be the big producer...

That crap is counterproductive and can even hurt customer relations.... and customers is what it's all about....