6.4 web based class available

Rate this topic

OK !!!!!!DONE!!!!!!

Just a reminder to all when you finish a web based test ALWAYS press ctrl p to print the screen with "CONGRATULATIONS you passed" and hold on to it until it shows in your training history.I have taken many classes and had to retake the test because it didn't make it to history.

I started the course before dinner and didn't quite finish. Interesting stuff in this engine and I like how they started out showing the cab off the frame for most repairs.

Speaking of training history, I have taken all of the diesel courses to date including the updates and my history shows them as incomplete! Anybody else have this problem? I will have to ask my manager look into his right away. I KNOW I passed them all.Much of the training web site looks updated, I wonder if that has anything to do with it. I am going to check my main record on STARS.

Quote:
I started the course before dinner and didn't quite finish.
Thats funny my wife was sending the kids in to tell me dinner was ready for the THIRD time when I finnished it /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/boxing.gif

Any courses IE.FMT's that have been superseeded by web based courses will show as incomplete, if you look at your history in stars it reads "COMPLETED EQUIVALENT"

wow there are some crazy special tools out there for this thing. turbo lift brackets?? is that thing that big and heavy? how about that egr vavle removel monstrosity?

No kidding, I found that little video showing removing the egr valve with the new tool quite funny, I guess I won't be able to use my pinch bars anymore. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

finished it this morning, was falling a sleep at the computer last night doing it. anyways interesting changes from the 6.0L, a few things kept going through my head while watching it. we arent payed enough, i feel sorry for the guys on flat rate and how many shops are truely ready for this truck. the shop im in only has 5 above gound lifts, mine being one of them. cab off for repairs will kill a rack if something happens and at my shop the dang trucks barely fit in the shop now, lifting cabs will create a problem closing bay doors. cant wait for the hands on as ill be filling up a sheet of questions for that first day. biggest question, what the hell are they thinking? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/shrug.gif if this turn into another 6.0l having some of the same problems we can kiss what few customers we have left goodbye, looking at the bottom end i sure hope they figured out the oil leak issues.

LOL - this course has me encouraged and disheartened at the same time. Part of me looks at this whole thing and is really impressed with the amount of effort that it looks like went into preventing so many 6.0 problems from occuring on this new monstrosity.

The other part of me says that "I really hope all this new !@#!?$! they added for protecction doesn't break instead".

With the 3 EGT sensors and the electric fuel coolant pump (which appears to be located pretty close to the vertical EGR cooler) and the possibility of that pre-EGR "Cat" clogging up, and so many other new possibilities, it just all makes me wish that nothing goes severely wrong with this.

Those "quick-connect" coolant hose couplers kinda creep me out too.. hopefully they don't corrode up and rot to the point that they become instant geyser-locations, or worse yet - slow leaks that eventually result in EGR coolers melting and possibly engine failure.

But, I actually have faith that Ford did their homework here and that the problems coming with the new toys will be minimal.

Dave

Yonkers, uhgh! Only if I have to, the drive on Rt-80 east is horrible. Somerset has an engine already and I would prefer that commute and John Clark as the instructor. I will be signed up tomorrow and I will pee myself /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif if I actually complete the training before I see the engine for real!

In case you don't recall how I feel about this, clicky here!

I took the class Friday before I went home, and will be going to school in late Jan. I really hope this is a reliable engine. Yeah right, who am I trying to fool. I'm going to get very, very fast at body r&r.

Quote:
Yonkers, uhgh

Glad to See you share my opinion of Yonkers /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/puke.gif, unfortunately Yonkers isn't my first choice it is my only choice as Somerset isn't much further but has a Miserable commute for me. I wish that teterboro was still open I preferred going there.

I don't know; Yonkers ain't so bad.

I am from central CT. though so the drive is fairly easy.You guys from the island and southern CT. always seem to get caught in the !@#!?$!.

Hell, if it stays as warm as it has I'll even ride the Chief there.

The training center itself is cool but the commute... I don't know if you have ever traveled RT-80 through Morris or Essex in the rush hour madness but hitting the GW bridge is the icing on the cake. I would rather drive for an hour than sit in bumper to bumper traffic for fifteen minutes. "I love New York?" Really? You can keep it! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/rofl.gif ...not that north east NJ is any better!

Those of you who have the TECH TO TECH access at flatratetech.com will see that someone has posted ALL the 35 answers to the questions on this course. Wow, I wonder how many guys are going to just weasel there way through the mastery exam now?

Those of you who have the TECH TO TECH access at flatratetech.com will see that someone has posted ALL the 35 answers to the questions on this course. Wow, I wonder how many guys are going to just weasel there way through the mastery exam now?

"Where better technicians are better informed? " /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/puke.gif

FWIW there is a lot of new stuff in that training course but it is NOT difficult to understand and the mastery exam is easy to pass if you simply pay attention. The reason for taking the course is to LEARN! Better informed? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/shrug.gif I hope that is not a reflection of what's really going on over there at FRT.

That place never ceases to amaze me... The pure lazyness some over there show, then they complain that the product sucks(because they dont fully understand it) /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/banghead.gif

Guys, I would like to add my opinion/recomendation regarding the 6.4L.... It appears its going to be VERYprocedure oriented.. There will be certain things you need(and order of wich you do them) to do to avoid having to remove the body and create more work. Those that short-cut these steps will see high recheck numbers and more broke trucks.. From what I have seen this will be a good engine, provided everyone(not just techs) do their job corectly.. Your instructor should convey the importance of this in the class.. Those that are comfortable pulling the bodies will have an easy transition, while those that are avoiding it will struggle a bit.. But, bottom line is, its just peices and parts, procedure will be the key..

Excellent point HGM!

If you have taken the training course you should have embedded in your brain that there are come very important parts, like the injector fuel lines, that must be replaced every time they are removed. Another area is the EGR coolers and piping. Clamps, nuts and bolts that must be replaced on assembly and a there is a specific tightening sequence for the piping. I don't want to be the first guy to take a short cut and have to unbolt the cab and re-do the job!

Originally Posted By: mchan68

"Where better technicians are better informed? " /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/puke.gif

FWIW there is a lot of new stuff in that training course but it is NOT difficult to understand and the mastery exam is easy to pass if you simply pay attention. The reason for taking the course is to LEARN! Better informed? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/shrug.gif I hope that is not a reflection of what's really going on over there at FRT.

"That place never ceases to amaze me... The pure lazyness some over there show, then they complain that the product sucks(because they dont fully understand it)"

Truer words may not have been spoken previously.

How stupid do you have to be not to pass an open book exam?

Wait! I remember someone who did.

It was a qualifier exam for the State of Connecticut emissions repairer course.

Damn, now that I think of it, that was pretty funny Posted Imageand yes, the grease monkey WAS that stupid. Posted Image