no start after hot soak

Rate this topic

Have a 1999 f-450 thats been giving me a fit i had a p0340 cmp circuit code a icp to high of a pressure code can't remember the code number and a p1298 idm code and a electronic feedback signal not recieved code it has happened like 3 or four times on the truck i switched out the idm and cmp sensors with another in stock used vehicle but diddn't help. any ideas i've looked over the connectors and haven't found anything obvious the truck never shuts down while it is running,only after it gets hot after shutdown will it not start back if it sits ten to twenty min thanks for any ideas or things you guys have seen.When it has been towed in it always starts after it cools down

Ditto on Rickster. The CMP code is set falsely when you crank one of these for 30 seconds. I'd be looking at the IPR and HP oil leaks, too. What's the IPR % at a hot idle? It should be 9-11%. It could be leaking top o-rings on a longer shot, also. Pull the VC and run the motor to verify if you suspect o-rings. The IDM codes can be fixed with an updated IDM per TSB. '99's are famous for IDM codes.

Good Luck!

Whats the hot ICP when cranking?

And more importantly, what's the hot ICP voltage? I don't like to look at ICP when there's an ICP problem, as the PCM will substitute a known good value, and that /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smirk.gif guy gets your goat. Get yourself in the habit of looking at ICPV, which should be .2-.24 KOEO, and .8 to get it started. They usually make over 1.5v cranking if there's nothing wrong with the HP system. I think that's why the IDS automatically brings up both when you select the PID.

FYI 7.3 and 6.0 use the same voltages.

Good Luck!

Have you tried monitoring ICP PIDs using the block-off tools? What's your ICP readings while cranking, after hot soak? If you manage to get it started after blocking off the high pressure oil supply to the one head, THAT'S where the problem is, which a set of injector o-rings to that bank will fix. How is your low pressure oil supply? Did you pull the oil pressure sender to verify oil level in the high pressure oil supply? Sorry for more questions than answers, but I think I've covered pretty much where your problem is by the sounds of it. Hope this helps.

ICP GOES UP TO 2000 PSI AFTER 3 OR 4 SECONDS OF CRANK WENT BACK TO GET ICP VOLTAGE READINGS AND IT STARTED GOING TO LOOK INTO IPR O-RINGS SEE IF THEY ARE OK BASE OIL PRESSURE IS OK I TRIED THAT YESTERDAY BECAUSE OF ANOTHER MEMORY OF ONE A YEAR OR SO BACK THAT THE COVER AND PUMP WAS SCARRED UP ON THANKS GUYS I'LL LET YOU GUYS KNOW WHAT FIXES IT

I DONT WANT TO SOUND LIKE AN A-HOLE BUT I HAD THE SAME ISSUE ENDED UP BEING A CAM SENSOR. HAD RPM AND NO DTC'S AT ALL.REPLACED IT AND WALLAH. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/shrug.gif OH BY THE WAY BETTER ADD MORE DIAG TIME BACUSE THE NEW PRICES OF THE CAM SENSORS MAKES YOU WONDER WHY THEY WERE SO MUSH $$ BEFORE.