head gaskets

Rate this topic

Do you guys normally find the heads to be warped when there is a head gasket failure? I was just talking to our CSE yesterday asking him why I never see any VT365's with head gasket failures like you ford techs see, and guess what came rolling in the door today! I've pulled many 365 heads in the past, but not for pressure in the cooling system. CSE also told me that the late 06 and 07 engines received head studs from international. Any of you guys see these in the fords yet?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't see as many warped heads on the 03' to early 06" model years, although I do see them once in a while. But late 06' to 07' model years are horrible. They are almost always twisted.

The extra pony's and torque that ford is straining these engines to would most likely be why we Ford techs see more issues than International techs. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/flamethrower.gif

I don't see as many warped heads on the 03' to early 06" model years, although I do see them once in a while. But late 06' to 07' model years are horrible. They are almost always twisted.

The extra pony's and torque that ford is straining these engines to would most likely be why we Ford techs see more issues than International techs. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/flamethrower.gif

I just did my first set of studs on an '06 this week. Pics will be forthcoming. BOTH heads were found to be warped greater than 0.002" in multiple locations when I checked them per the TSB specs.

BTW Dwayne, I tried to call you yesterday, and the receptionist informed me that you are no longer with Fourlane Ford anymore. Did you move?

Yup, sorta. I'm still with Ford. After I prove myself and gain acceptance at the new place, I will post where I am and change my location. Wednesday Oct/29th was my last day, I start my new job on Monday Nov/3rd. I haven't moved my wife and son yet. My son is in Pre-Kindergarten and we really don't want to pull him out of that. We want him to get the head start he deserves. I will be room and boarding it for a while before I move my family. I will also be coming home every Friday night to my wife and son and will be leaving for work every Sunday night. I'll let ya know after 3 months, or maybe a little sooner. I just hope I can prove myself and fill som big shoes. You can reach me at home on the weekends at 403-227-5814. I'm home tonight.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone know this ole guy? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grampy-jim.gif I now work with him. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/icon_crazy.gif I didn't want to say much untill I proved myself. But, I feel pretty comfortable already.