How One Shady "Mechanic" Screwed Someone ROYALLY!!

Rate this topic

mchan68

Well, in the V8 cafe Rex started a thread asking the Mafia for help with his truck which is having a low power hot condition. I couldn't resist messing with him so I gave him the following advise... You never know, he might actually try this.

PowerStroker Wrote:

Have you tried an IPS and an ICPR? Any codes? Is it your truck?

In all seriousness you may want to take it to the dealer for at least the diagnosis. As much as I'd like to watch you do to yourself what you did to the previous owner of that truck, you would be well served to realize that you are out of your paygrade and let the pros figure out what's wrong with it.

Side note: If you scan it and get a P0299 (low boost) it has a 99.9% chance of having sticky intake valves due to carbon buildup. We see this all the time, what happens especially on the trucks that idle a lot or use shitty fuel is that carbon builds up on the valves. During cold operation. You often don't have any symptoms, but when it warms up - the thermal expansion causes the intake valves to float in such a way that valve overlap starves the engine for air. Since less air going in means less exhaust coming out - it makes the turbo spool slower and the PCM detects this as a low boost condition and sets a P0299. Luckily Ford came out with special service message fix so we don't have to replace heads anymore. Now all the ford dealers have a "carbon blaster" that Ford sent all the dealers a couple years ago. The job kind of sucks, but we pull the intake manifold off, rotate the engine till the intake valve is closed, and blast crushed walnut shells around the bottom of the valve guide and valve to break off the carbon, then we use the vacuum attachment to suck out the walnut media, rotate the engine and do the next cylinder until we have all 8 done. It usually takes a full day to do this job, and it gets messy. It is vitally important to make sure all of the blast media is sucked/blown out before rotating the engine and allowing that cyl's valve to open otherwise media can get in the cylinders. Though trace amounts are unavoidable which is why we use walnut shells instead of other types of media. Also tape off the intake ports on the cylinders you aren't doing at the time so the blast media doesn't fall into a cylinder that happens to have an intake valve open. I suppose if you're a die hard do it yourselfer, a regular sand blaster and shop vac could be made to accomplish the same thing, but we dealer guys are pretty efficient at these by now. We generally charge 10 hours labor plus intake gaskets and blast media. Usually the total bill is around $1300 including tax. Below is a picture of our wonderful Rotunda Carbon Blaster tool.

Note: this whole rant only applies if you get a P0299 with or without other codes. If you have a different code let us know. I'm kind of thinking since yours is an 03 it's probably well overdue for this by now.

60carbonblaster.jpg

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aw, that's just walnut dust from all of the use it gets on those pesky 6.0's Posted Image

~On edit: It looks like this scared Rex, he's actually thinking of sending it to the dealer for once. Yay!!!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Sorry guy's but had to revisit this one... Has anyone else recieved a similar email? And you might be interested in some of his comments...

Hi larryatsti,

I just wanted to send everyone an e-mail to say hello and that we would enjoy seeing what you have to say on the web forum. We are also considering setting up private forums for CD members to host the complete Photo CD's and all of our tech info. We have never before considered using this forum as a place for our registered members to access new updates of the CD's as they often get bigger and bigger as the years roll by.

If you are not a CD Member we still want to help and welcome you to re-vist our forum.

Posted Image MERCEDES-BENZ W126 MEMBERS Posted Image

We are currently running a sale for CD and Forum members that runs from June 09 - July 09. If you follow our E-bay sales you should have noticed the drastic price cuts made. The good news is that you can save EVEN MORE! Feel free to drop us a line if you are looking for any parts. We have recently taken in three new parts cars. One is a Black on Black 560 SEL (1990) and the other is a Smoke Silver on Red 420 (SEL) and yet another is the White on Red 420 SEL (1987). Parts are moving fast and we are getting ready to list up parts from the three vehicles above. CD and Forum members not only get 1st dibs on many of the popular parts, but we also extend deep discounts to anyone whom is a CD member and or Forum user. Hope to hear from you soon!

Posted Image GM LT1 350 CORVETTE - CAMARO - TRANS AM MEMBERS Posted Image

We have recently lowered the cost of the photo CD to $9.99 with free shipping in the USA. While I know the CD has cost more in the past we have sold so many world wide that we have decided to run the CD for half price on thru till the end of 2009. In 2010 we should have the complete performance engine overhaul on VIDEO! We recently finished the recording of a complete overhaul and is currently being re-sized and organized. Its going to take some time to render it all given the nearly three hours worth of video; however you can visit the web forum to see parts of the video as early as September.

As Always, we cannot keep LT1 parts in stock to save our lives. As fast as we get them they sell, however we are offering some VERY good deals on performance engine overhauls on e-bay with 420HP short blocks starting at $1999.99 on thru our classic LT4 clone $3800 and also our 500 HP stroker for $6400.

Cheers,

SELLC

www.autotrend.us

www.benzworld.us

www.126world.com

www.sellc.us

(734)358-7050

And this one is what he has said...

As usual Pogo is MIA, HillBilly is changing parts and the rest of the crew is baffled. Guess this means that Ill have to show you guys how its done once more.

1997 FORD F250 w/ 351W Gasoline - No Start - No Crank...thread

Sorry guys....

Quite a while back (almost a couple of months ago) I ended my membership to that website. I had realized after I had been consumed by this idiot's ignorance and stupidity that I was being sucked in and being consumed too much by a complete retard. I realized that allot of us are passionate about what we do and take some things like this to heart. Most of us tried to make this retard realize that he is a complete fucking crook and douche bag. However, no-one has seemed to convince him of this. I myself had said even some stupid things while not realizing how stupid it made me look when talking about this tard on this site. But believe me when I say, that it was out of compassion for what I do and for trying to set things right. Keith even had to set me straight once. Don't worry Keith, I am actually laughing about the whole situation. Every time I had checked into the site I kept looking at how many members the site had. It really wasn't that many. I think it was around 170 at that time. Not sure what that number is at now. But I had also realized that most of these members were on that site only to bash this idiot and expose him for what he really is. But I had also realized that all of these members added up in his statistic numbers and were making his numbers look better than they really should be. So I ended my membership. And I don't miss that bullshit site one bit and I am no longer consumed with this Idiot's bullshit. I'm not trying to say that everyone else should do the same as me. I just realized that Assholes like that lure me in and I get way to wound up over corrupt bullshit like that.

A Jim Warman Quote: There's no sense in wrestling with a pig because you're both gonna get dirty and the pig is only gonna like it.