06 Ambulance replacing injectors

Rate this topic

Got an 06 E-series ambulance that i need to put injectors in on the right bank.Never did this before and was looking in the workshop manual and i guess you have to remove engine mounts and use a hoist and what not. Just wandering if there is an easier way to go about this because we dont have the adaptors 303-D043 to lift.I mean im sure i can rig somthing up to lift it but just wandering if you guys have any better methods.Thanks

You CAN remove the right side engine mount to do the job, if you wish. To me, it just seems to be more of a pain in the ass. At least if you remove the cab mount bolts, the front seats will be out already, making for extra working space. Just make sure if you do by this method you jack the body up at the channel underneath with a block of wood between the jack and the body. Don't forget too remove the ICP sensor of course.

I thought that to pull the right side apart, you only needed to pull out the left hand motor mount and drop the engine onto the cross member on that side? I was only searching for a HP oil leak when I did mine, maybe the injectors still dont have enough room to do it this way. I couldn't find the lift plates when I did mine so I just found some poor bastard bolts to lift on.

When removing the body mount bolts on these puppies, you have to heat up the nut with the "flame wrench" a little. If not, the rubber pucks absorb the impact blows and laugh at you. Yes, the front seats have to come out to access the back two, but seat removal is very easy.

Cool, ill try that way next time.I already have 4 of the 6 cab bolts out except for the front 2 that are just spinning.So tommarow front bumpers coming off because the frame is fully boxed in the front and i need to find a way to keep these from spinning so i can get them out.

Removing the left motor mount is really easy if you don't follow the book. I just remove the intake duct and CAC duct, jack the engine off the bellhousing with a jack and a 4X4, slide the mount out and lower the engine back down untill there is just a little tension on the powersteering return hose. And, being an ambulance you'll find it so easy to remove the secondary alternator once the engine is tilted.

yea i think after the the hell i had with the body mounts on this one i will try that next time.It does work quite well once you get the six bolts out and would def be a quick easy way if rust didnt exist.Thanks for all the help guys Posted Image

That's how I always accessed the right side, yank the LH mount and let the whole assembly rock to the left side of the bay. The RH bank is stil no fun but at least it's doable with the mount out of the way. It only takes about 5-10 minutes to get the mount out too, and then you're home free.

Dave

The left side is really straight forward. Remove the intake duct and cold side tube. Disconnect the PCM connectors and move the wiring out of the way, unbolt the dipstick tube. Remove the GPCM and bracket, push the EBP tube forward slightly to allow the CCV to clear, unbolt the valve cover and pull it out the back. A 12mm flex-head ratchet wrench makes it quite simple. Once the valve cover is out of the way, the rest is just as easy.

• 1 month later...