6.7L PSD Coffee Table Book

Rate this topic

I took Jim's suggestion about making a post on FMC Dealer Message Boards about the 6.7L Coffee Table Book not being made. This was mentioned in another topic.

Here is the post I made... just in case it gets "lost." I wonder what the response will be?

I am sure by now most of you should have seen all of the press releases on the new Ford Diesel engine. I have heard from a couple of sources that since this engine is NOT a Navistar engine there has been debate about whether or not to make a 6.7L Coffee Table Book. These books were made by International Truck And Engine Corporation. IF you are like me, you may find the books informative and interesting as well as valuable not only to technicians but to everyone involved with selling and servicing Power Stroke Diesel Engines. Owners of trucks with these diesel engines also find them valuable when they can get ahold of one. If you find these books valuable and would like to see Ford continue with the publications voice your opinion.

At least you didn't call anyone a wiener...

I had almost considered encouraging a group effort at mentioning DTS - in light of the reception your post got, I am rethinking that.

How about one or two brave souls adding sig lines that include only their DTS member number and a cryptic DTS - for me that would be #66DTS... Yes, it could be viewed as inciteful but Ford sure as shit isn't running message board in any way that could be misconstrued as meaningful.

The whole world is trying desparately to be politically correct... PC doesn't bring change... PC doesn't improve the status quo.... All PC will ever do is maintain those things that are wrong and cover up those things we need to see.

Look at it this way... you have every right to call me a pompous asshole... and I have every right to prove you right or wrong...

"Back in the day" we used to call it "put up or shut up".

I'm having fun with this.... f@ck, but ain't I wierd?

The whole world is trying desparately to be politically correct... PC doesn't bring change... PC doesn't improve the status quo.... All PC will ever do is maintain those things that are wrong and cover up those things we need to see.

Jim that has to be one of THE BEST way to put things in proper perspective that I have ever read in any one of your posts. Do you mind me referring to that quote from here on in? Posted Image

......and all that said, what is wrong with being FUNDAMENTALLY correct?

I'm really having a hard time seeing why the webmaster would delete that post. Was there any responses to it? I checked it last night and there weren't any yet. I have seen threads that were completely out of control that stay on there forever (Chuck Norris comes to mind). But this is a serious question that was thoughtfuly composed and posted in the efforts that maybe we could get a coffee table book, at least that's the way I read it.

Fuck me, maybe you have to dumb it waaaayyyyyy down to be on the boards over there.

Just posted this on the message boards under the 'new diesel engine' forum.

has anyone heard if they are going to put out a 'coffee table book' for the 6.7? I love my 'coffee table books' for the 7.3, 6.0, and 6.4, use them all the time! I heard that since it's not being produced by navistar (navistar also produced the books) that we won't see one for the 6.7. I think this would be a shame since so many of us find them very valuable in learning about the engines and for a reference guide.

Nice job Josh. It will be interesting to see if your post gets removed as well. My guess the topic might be viewed as putting Ford in a negative light or not wanting to be tied to Navistar anymore. Perhaps it may be due to the fact that the topic is about internal corporate dealings and not up for discussion.

That is what I surmise. I didn't make that post to stir the pot or start trouble. I just wanted to bring a little attention to the subject. Nice to see it caught on.

To answer your question Brad there were 6 replies as I recall - all FOR the continuation of the Coffee Table Books and agreeable comments about their value and usage. Unless there were other posts made that would have been disruptive... but then wouldn't the Webmaster remove only those posts?

Ah. I tried. Sometimes that is all you can do!

Originally Posted By: gasgasman
I got banned from the Ford message boards. So y'all have fun.

Here in Canada, if you get banned three times you automatically win the grand prize Posted Image

So Jim? Did you take the new car or the all expenses paid trip to Hawaii? Posted Image

Originally Posted By: gasgasman
I got banned from the Ford message boards. So y'all have fun.

How did you manage that? Hey, you and Jim can start a club! Posted Image

Someone was talking about TATA motor cars (An Indian car manufacturer). I replied back that my dog took a TATA in the front yard.

True story. Posted Image

Someone was talking about TATA motor cars (An Indian car manufacturer). I replied back that my dog took a TATA in the front yard.

True story. Posted Image

Well.... that was a tad nasty Posted Image

I had simply mentioned that performing a retail head gasket repair on a 6.0 deserved head studs. Another gentleman insisted that I show him where it stated this in the WSM... I distinctly recall quoting a document but, somehow, by the time the pixels had marched out onto the monitor, they had rearranged themselves into something like "you're a wiener".

The five words you are not allowed to use on message board are "piss", "shit", "fuck" and "Jim Warman". Posted Image

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...