How's your Friday going?

Rate this topic

mchan68

Okay, I got engines to do back-to-back. I got the E-Series short block buttoned up in good time, so I thought I'd get the P71 cop car in and get started on it. Got the old engine out and stripped in good time, but couldn't get the old dipstick tube out without breaking it. Our parts department doesn't have it in stock and the only other dealer that has it locally, is in completely the opposite direction of where all our parts drivers are for this afternoon. Fair enough, so I proceed with the long block installation, in anticipation of the part to arrive Monday morning. I get the new long block installed, and just realized I forgot to install the separator plate that goes between the engine and transmission!!! Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Rant off. How's your Friday going gentlemen?

Econoline with a 6.0 in it. I put a turbo on it three months ago for a P0299 and a no power concern (unison ring was broken, had the groove worn in it side to side as well as up and down from it being siezed. Made 2psi boost at WOT) today it's here for a no start hot.

Advisor put a comeback sheet on it Posted Image

Everett Sinceyou...FUCK YOU.

Just found out that one of the other diesel techs in our shop has been sleeping (well they weren't really sleeping) with our lube guys wife! Needless to say the shit has hit the fan here today! Lube guy jammed a 3 foot pry bar through said diesel techs box a few times and quit. Diesel tech might lose his job over this one--one of the horizontal mambo sessions apparently happened during work hours on a road test! Holy hell--its like a damn tv show and I wouldn't have believed it if I weren't here in the middle of it. Looks like I'll be having plenty more 6.0s (as if I didn't have enough already!) That was my day--whew!

I went to trade school with a fellow that changed his 2.9l in his bronco II, and realized when the starter just whirred that he'd forgotten the flex plate. Not me and not Friday, but would have been a bad day.

Tell him to "back away from the toolbox..."!!! First the flexplate is forgotten... but you would expect him to clue in when he got to the converter nuts.... (converter nuts? qu'est que c'est?)... or maybe to look in the starter hole for rags, debris or small mammals before plunging the starter home....

Please tell me this guy gave up and became a plumber.....

just realized I forgot to install the separator plate that goes between the engine and transmission!!!

Yep, I've done that, too, back in about 1977 on my '67 Fairlane 289. Just rebuilt the motor and put it back in, to forget the separator plate. Back out it came...

I don't think I ever forgot another one after that.

Posted Image

I left the spacer out on the first 7.3 I ever did, but my excuse is another guy pulled it, so can it really be my fault? luckily it was an e-van, so i only had to pull it back about a foot so I could get it in through the doghouse.....i'm pretty sure that will NEVER happen again!!!!

Posted Image

Somethin' you will ONLY ever forget to do ONCE.

Kinda like soldering up the wire all nice, then noticing the heat shrink tube is sitting on the radiator support Posted Image

Originally Posted By: Bruce Amacker

Posted Image

Somethin' you will ONLY ever forget to do ONCE.

Kinda like soldering up the wire all nice' date=' then noticing the heat shrink tube is sitting on the radiator support Posted Image [/quote']

I'm pretty sure everyone here can sympathize with you on that one Aaron!

The guy I'm talking about worked for a towing company. He had gotten a call to an accident at 1:00 am. It was 8 am when all was cleaned up. He worked his normal shift. When he was done, he went to work on his own truck. Finished around 1 or 2 am. This was two days before he needed the truck to drive back and forthe(100 km oneway) to school for 8 weeks.

How about making a PERFECT double flare in a brake line then realizing you didn't put the nut on the line..... SOB!!!!!! Posted Image

Bindar Dundat

(Say it fast - a guy at the mine had that on his nametag lol)

I think MY absolute best personal fuck up was tighteningn the last bolt pn a 5.4 front cover..... only to discover that uncomfortable thing under the rag I was leaning on was the trigger wheel... which I proceeded to install backwards...

Every last one of us feet of clay.

My loving bride has collected every "kitchen animal" ever invented... roosters, pigs, geese... name it. In her archives is a fridge magnet with a cow and the inscription "Head in the clouds......... feet in a cow pie".