FREE DTS T-SHIRT

Rate this topic

snw blue by you

To a tech, if within the next 10 days, they can tell me what is in the T-Stats pictured in my 6.4L thread Check out these pics... (I know what it is but don't know how it got there) and give a resonable explanation of how it got there.

This will be purely subjective to my will, However, whoever has the best answer will get a shirt.

I will post the winners answer on Feb 13th, and get all pertinent info at that time.

What I can tell you is that only the fuel system has been previously repaired on this vehicle. It was not done by me but by a former tech who's talents I hold in high regard.

He has moved on to a dealer in NC.

Give it your best shot.

I'm going to say paper towel. I've seen leftovers from a paper towel in a 6.0 rad, thermostat, heater core....everything, that was our last diesel tech's last job, and I guess that was his going away present to me.

As to how it got there, somewhere in assembly, someone put down a paper towel and never picked it up.

Dont really want to say this, but it looks like a tampon. I had a plumber use a sewer machine to unplug a blocked pipe outside my house last year, and very similar things came out on the tool..... he called them sewer mice...

As to how it got there, disgruntled or jackass factory worker?

• 2 weeks later...

Even after all this time, I haven't even presupposed a source for the contaminant... so many unasked and/or unanswered queries...

Texture, viscosity... there are too many tactile indicators to list... does it feel slippery? Does it feel dry?

We need to use ALL of our senses when we set out to solve a mystery.... CSI and all them other shows? They use technology that we can't afford to (did the producers miss the fact that it would be tax dollars paying for these miracles?)

You... me... everyone else? We use our God given talents and thought process

The pics tell me what this shit looks like... my eyes are close to the worst tool I have.

• 2 weeks later...

The first thing I thought of was a dead mouse on the right side. Then I thought maybe a second dead mouse on the left. It's probably just me, but the one on the left looks like a piece of meat.

• 3 weeks later...

To a tech, if within the next 10 days, they can tell me what is in the T-Stats pictured in my 6.4L thread Check out these pics... (I know what it is but don't know how it got there) and give a resonable explanation of how it got there.

This will be purely subjective to my will, However, whoever has the best answer will get a shirt.

I will post the winners answer on Feb 13th, and get all pertinent info at that time.

What I can tell you is that only the fuel system has been previously repaired on this vehicle. It was not done by me but by a former tech who's talents I hold in high regard.

He has moved on to a dealer in NC.

Give it your best shot.

So what is it already, huh, huh?? Posted Image

• 2 weeks later...