the wsm is up for the 2011 SD

Rate this topic

Just finished the classroom coarse verry nice moter lots of fun stuff ,lots of reading materal coming out let the games begin. Click here or refer to the on-line Workshop Manual to view this illustration as an interactive exploded view, give it a try you can flip parts over and get a 3D efect of the parts your working on. Sweet

They must have just posted the WSM, I was snooping around just a day or so ago. I go to the classroom this week coming up and it will be nice to get my hands on some current reading material... I have seen an early publication but it wasn't complete. I dunno man, there is a lot more shit under the hood now, and under the truck now that I think about it. Do I really want to look at the WSM now? Posted Image

has anyone got any trucks on the lot yet? sales said there is a hold on shiping the, hope nothing is messed up on them already

I've seen it and run it, and it's the quietest diesel I've ever heard. You can have the hood up and engine idling and hold a conversation in a normal voice standing right next to it. It's awesome. Component accessibility seems decent, with all of the major items located in the open. I have high hopes for this engine.

There's very few negative things I can find, but the CKP reluctor I'm not thrilled about. It is a disc bolted between the crank and flywheel with 120 magnets built into a resin or phenolic disc. I'm thinking that if oil impurities attack this, it could degrade with very difficult diagnostics to go along with it. It triggers a regular Hall Effect sensor with a standard 5v square wave (60-2, 58 tooth) output.

Here's the reluctor:

Posted Image

I covered it with brake lathe shavings to demonstrate the magnetic field and missing teeth:

Posted Image

Good Luck!

Posted Image

I am staying positive about this powerplant as well. I hope it debuts nicely and holds together kinda like the mod motor did in '91. That unit ran flawlessly up until '99.

I do still have some concerns about the decisions made with this thing though. Such as the idea to run the glow plug harness in with the fuel injector harness all bundled up snug as a bug in a rug.

ONLY THING I CAN FIND IS A 'PRODUCT INFORMATION BOOK' IN THE SERVICE TIPS TAB IN OASIS. FMCDEALER MESSAGE DATED MARCH 8 SAYS TECHNICIANS WILL RECEIVE A 'COFFEE TABLE' BOOK WHEN THEY ATTEND CLASSROOM TRAINING FOR THE 6.7L. BUT I CAN'T FIND IT ON LINE ANYWHERE.

I saw that too. I am sure it will be posted soon but I am still at a loss as to where all of the usful stuff that was in the Power Stroke Central page... and where the page went!

I was sent an early copy of the book (incomplete) and I can tell you it is the same as prior Coffee Table Books.

No matter. I will have my hard copy in less than 48 hours from now. Posted Image

Originally Posted By: Terrance

Diesel Support Literature

6.7 L Coffee Table Book

on protec now available

Got a direct link? I'll be damned if I can find it. Posted Image

Protech,E-toolbox,Diesel literature Posted Image

the pc/ed is now up as well,check this code out, P167f non-oem calibration detected

I hope they put a tsb out like the one they have for the sho,that way we don't have to put are neck line for a job that might get kicked back

If you could see that fucking rod in the truck to adjust it, we might have a problem. LOL

they don't look very fun to fuck with.

The intake manifold (the plastic upper one) is REALLY close to the cowl, and even in the shop manual it says something to the effect of "The turbo to cowl is a tight fit, but you CAN get it out"

At least until the first time the truck gets in an accident.

I fail to understand why they went back to the oil-actuated VGT system that was so problematic on the 6.0 -- there are some small changes, yeah, but I betcha it's gonna be a nightmare, just looking at the fact that it uses the same damn controller.

• 3 weeks later...