lost key

Rate this topic

Drill baby, drill! MAYBE a locksmith can help you... you might be able to pick it if you have a pick kit... or you can drill it out. Aim the bit right down the key hole repeating with a larger drill bit until the tumbler comes out, then you can push the lock pin up and remove the lock cylinder. Replace with a new lock cylinder assembly.

If you decide to drill, find a good way to catch the drilling's or clean up will be time consuming.

I have had pretty good luck at drilling out the lock pin, too.

If you aren't real concerned about the column, screw an adapter into it from the slide hammer, and give 'er a quick yank. Gone in 60.

Why do you have only one set of keys for your ride, brotha?

Shakin' my head....

(just yankin ya, i fucking cant STAND losing my keys. Kick your body guy in the pouch, too.)

you def should.This plain out sucks!Surprisingly through ford a new lock cylinder and the door lock cylinders was right around 50.00.A whole set!

That year truck only has about 16 keys. When a lock smith comes out, he just takes out a master set of keys and starts sticking them in and giving a turn. The one that turns the ignition gets copied and you are back in business.

Hmmmmm.....maybe I should get that spare key made that I've been putting off.....Only got one for mine, and *knock on wood* I haven't lost it....

You have read your first tagline (the Albert Einstein one), right?

Originally Posted By: joshbuys
Hmmmmm.....maybe I should get that spare key made that I've been putting off.....Only got one for mine, and *knock on wood* I haven't lost it....

You have read your first tagline (the Albert Einstein one), right?

Thanks Jim....that pretty much sums it up!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Just so you know what "anal" looks like... I have 4 (count 'em) FOUR PATs keys for my pick up (keep most at home) and I carry a door only key on my other key ring (the one I always carry).