What do you drive?

Rate this topic

Aaron

Jim mentioned the VW store he worked at wanted them to drive the company vehicles.

What do YOU guys drive?

I have a 2008 F-350, and my racecar is a 1979 Malibu.

Fiance has a dodge nitro Posted Image (will be changing to a edge), i have my 08 E250 work van and am thinking of a escape hybrid for my next purchase or will wait for some newer ford vehicles. Looking for a 89-92 Mustang to start getting back into modding again.

Daily driver 1 is '04 Accord coupe V6 6 speed.

Toy, if you want to call it that, is '99 SVT Lightning.

Other daily driver more than likely will be a 2011 Ford Edge Sport IF they ever ship the damn things!

My "main" daily driver is a 2002 SuperCrew - underpowered for my holiday trailer but I got such a deal I couldn't say no (lease return).

The sportster is a daily driver to a point - you ain't gonna do THAT in an Alberta winter. And the Mustang convertible is mostly parked in the winter too.

I mentor the owners of a host of toys and have a few exotics at my disposal... the Viper is for sale, BTW... and it is much more fun to spend other peoples money...

Interesting factoid... My Dad and I were never what you might call "interested" before we adopted our boy. He was first a Dodge man (a 49 businessmans coupe and then a 52 4 door sedan) and then a GM guy. My first car was a Ford... My second car was a Ford... and most of the subsequent cars were Fords... I like Fords and (even though I toiled at a VW/etc dealer and even spent time at a Chev dealer - I drove an Olds Cutlass at that time). I had bought a '68 Malibu for my wife... my girlfriend drove a Charger (it is a long story with an unhappy ending... after 30 years I am finally learning to deal with it.... pray like hell you never get to go there). Anyway, I digress (what I do best...).

I am unsure of how it goes... do I drive what I work on? Or do I work on what I drive?

Of interesting note... when I worked at GM... I drove GM.... When I worked at VW, I drove a Datsun... I blowed up all my own cars.... sold my Triumph Tiger to buy an engagement ring and the soon to be blushing bride came equipped with a

Posted Image

who could ask for anything more? I wont tell you what her Dad said to me when we first met....

When I worked at or was an independant shop, It was almost always Fords

FWIW... if you drive a piece of shit that is barely on the road... your customers see that... and they begin to wonder about you. I can't stand to drive a car that has "problems" I refuse to allow my wife to drive a car that has problems...

The shoemakers kids run barefoot....

I currently drive a 2001 Ford Explorer 5.0L AWD

Wife has a 2007 Ford Freestyle with new Pirelli tires. That's right, Continental pissed me off.

Stuff we have owned: 1976 Mercury Cougar, 1978 Chevy Monte Carlo, 1988 Ford Thunderbird, 1993 Ford Ranger, 1997 Ford Taurus

My stable includes a '97 Exploder with the venurable 302 cid, a '97 Town Car, an '04 Suzuki GSX-R 600. My wife and I are Ford people and she had an '00 Explorer with the V-8, but the fuel mileage was killing us. So she got rid of it and now drives an '05 Subaru Legacy. I picked up a '93 Honda Accord for my commute and went from a 100 bucks a week in fuel to 35 bucks every week and a half.

Stuff we've owned? You just HAD to open that door...

When I got rid of each and every one of these gems, they were just another old friggin car....

A 64.5 Mustang convertible, a 61 Falcon two door pillar coupe (sedan to the uninitiated), a 67 Fairlane two door hardtop, a 72 Cougar XR7 vert... with the 351C 4V, a 68 Malibu 2 door hardtop and even my 74 Cutlass with an emasculated golden rocket 350.... and that barely scratches the surface....

Back in about 57 I used a Mickey Mantle baseball card in the spokes of my bike..... a card that would be worth a thousand bucks today....

And you guys wonder why I'm a grumpy SOB....

Flip side of the coin.... a 1962 Beatles album "Twist And Shout" is something I DID keep (amongst others) and it ain't worth shit. Posted Image

Life is a bitch..... and then you die...

Oh... I forgot my 53 TR3... this is the one convertible that lived up to the "cold/windy/noisey" idea that people that have never owned a convertible like to tell us about....

Most of you guys can appreciate being in the right place at the wrong time.... Me? I'm always in the wrong place at the right time.... Posted Image

Daily Driver: 00 F150 5.4 4x4 ext cab Short box in Teal

Weekend Toy: 76 F150 360 4x4 reg cab long box in Red

Teal? Jeff... fucking teal? Is that a colour? Colours are black, blue, white, green, red, yellow and orange. Other colours are kinda greenish, sorta orange, reddish and maybe purple. Teal? You got a limp wrist happening there? Posted Image

Youda been further ahead saying "sorta blue"... Posted Image

Technically it's "Island Blue" but if I had said turquoise you would have given me even more shit.

My wrist may be limp, but that only makes it sting worse when I bitch slap you. Posted Image

I'm driving a GT mountain bike 6miles to and from work ever since my Jeep cheerokee got smashed up. I'm keeping my eyes open for a 99-03 f250 4x4 with a 7.3. Oh yea. Posted Image

Island blue? you're pegging the gayosity meter, Jeff.

Colours.. I paint the wall... My wife says "Oops". I paint the fucking wall again. My wife says (oh you could see this coming a mile away) "oops" and I paint the fucking wall again.

The wall will never be teal (at least not to me... but I don't watch homogardenTV)The wall will never be island blue... at least not to me... It will be blue or it may be "kinda" blue.

We are true men.... if we are describing a colour, the key modifiers are "kinda", "sorta", "a little like" but we can save our asses if we can include food, beverages or dog excrement in the description. Anything else is going to increase your !?@#%! quotient.

Ascribing a specific name to a colour will forever mark you as a SNAG (sensitive new age guy) and there is every chance you might wind up married to Elton John, Boy George or Dennis Rodman... Forget about Jesse James.. Sandra Bullock wasn't good enough for him... and that means you're fucked.

Back up real hard now.... say the fucking truck is "kinda blue" and we can forgive you....

FWIW... my scooter is black - we haven't decided if it is dark black or light black....

On edit... !?@#%!... too cool.... f a g g o s i t y quotient

FWIW... my scooter is black - we haven't decided if it is dark black or light black....

Scooter? Jim... fucking scooter? Is that a bicycle with a baseball card in the spokes for a motor? Dennis The Menace has a friggin scooter. True men ride motorcycles, machines, Harleys, dirt bikes, motorcross, ATV or a quad. Scooter? You got a limp wrist happening there? Posted Image

Youda been further ahead saying "bike"... Posted Image Color at this point is irrelevant.

Island blue? you're pegging the gayosity meter, Jeff.

The wall will never be teal (at least not to me... but I don't watch homogardenTV)The wall will never be island blue... at least not to me... It will be blue or it may be "kinda" blue.

We are true men.... if we are describing a colour, the key modifiers are "kinda", "sorta", "a little like" but we can save our asses if we can include food, beverages or dog excrement in the description. Anything else is going to increase your !?@#%! quotient.

It's kinda like a dark metallic periwinkle that sparkles like my dog's shit after he eats a bag of glitter then Jim Posted Image

I have an 06 F-250 with a 6.0 and 6spd, used to be my ride to work. Now it is a garage queen, gets out to pull the wifes horse trailer, and my pullin pick-up to the truck pull, also the travel pick-up. My current daily driver is a 96 F-250 with a 7.3 and 5spd(with a dana 60 out of 350, I hate that twin i-beam suspension). It gets me to work everyday, goes out in the pasture to fix fence, haul feed, hay bales back to the ranch, cows and pretty much anything else you could imagine. My project truck is a 62 f-250 that had a 292 4spd, in the process of a heart transplant(it will be diesel powered by winter). Now on the subject of previously owned I had a bronco 2 in high school that was gray however it should have been friggin yellow, I learned a lot from it and it somewhat got me into my career. I had a pontiac sunbird my first year of college, pretty good car I was more concerned with buying beer and partying than maintenance. It went 30,000 miles that year with no oil change or anything. After that was a chevy with a 6.2 diesel for the mileage. it couldnt accelerate out of a wet paper bag but it got 22mpg doing it. After that it has been many ford diesel pick-ups. As for color all my rigs are RED, just plain red.

I am using my 96 F-250 for this year, I just got into it. I have made it to two pulls this year. My wifes cousin got me into it. He runs a dodge and was giving me shit that my ford couldnt do crap against his dodge. I never pulled before and I was only 5 feet behind him. I have a buddy with a 94 identical to my 96 that he wants to get rid of. I am considering buying that to make it my puller. My 96 has a banks 3.5 inch down pipe and mandrel bent exhaust, with the banks hot housing. I am running the 75hp chip in it when I pull, I have posis in both the axles with 4.10 gears and I am running goodyear wrangler MT/R tires. I found that it is too light and starts to powerhop before I run out of power. I am going to add about 400 lbs of weight in the box and 300-400 lbs in the front and see how I do next time. I pull in the 4 wheel heavy and diesel classes. It has been a lot of fun and keeps me out of trouble.

My dad and uncles are all Chevy/GM guys....so naturally, I bought a FORD Focus when I was 18. Now my wife and I have a '98 Jeep Grand Cherokee(It's for sale) and a '00 Dodge Durango as our daily drivers. My new daily driver once we sell the jeep is to be a '91 Subaru Justy (souly for purposes of gas mileage) I also have an '85 GMC Suburban with blown intake gaskets. And a '72 Dodge Power Wagon that needs the carb gone through.

02 F-350 7.3l gets me to work in the winter and tow the trailer with the toys around the country side. Daily driver in the summer months is a 96 mustang vert turbo, caged, heavily built sleeper. This has been the most fuel efficient vehicle that I have ever owned. (seriously) Wife drives an 03 wrangler.

08 Grand Caravan SE, Being the fact it's actually a VW with Dodge badges, I figure I'm pretty safe. Posted Image

Also when time permits my 73 Glastron GT-150, this year so far NONE Posted Image

But as always I have my JD STX38 lawn tractor, of which I have used 2-3 times a week this year after having blown the head gasket to little pieces last year. Push mowers SUCK. Posted Image

Then there are our mountain bikes, of which mine has never been off of the street.

Behind the house sits a 91 jeep comanche with 2.5 and 4x4 drivetrain with a 2wd trans.

Wife drives an 05 taco trd with a 6spd.

Project: 93 f-150 flareside. shes my pride and joy but mother nature has taken her for a wild ride. a lot of work in store for her.

Current daily driver is an 02 subaru legacy gt.

A taco turd?

Is that what a taco leaves behind when it has to make a dookie?

Is that the stuff Taco bell puts in their tacos? Or the stuff that's left in the dumpster out back at the end of a shift?