WOW!

Rate this topic

Holy cow! I had a 2004 in for the recalls. Beautiful truck, white, jacked-up, custom wheels/tires and body trim. He had an Airaid intake filter, 4" turbo back straight pipe w/ no cat and an EDGE Juice tuner. "Go ahead, tap the up arrow on the left until the display reads 5. Go ahead, punch it!" He says.

Black cloud of smoke, the rear of the truck squatted and the tires were just barely keeping traction. Scared the crap out of me at first but I hung on until I ran out of room.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/rockon.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/rockon.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/rockon.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/rockon.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/rockon.gif

Now I get it, I still don't like tuners in the 6.0L, but I completely understand it now. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

I came to that realization a long time ago.... I drove one truck that damn near pealed the skin off my face.... Our shop did his trans once and then he bought some super-wowee trans that puked real quick.. They fixed that and then we did head gaskets (the first ones in our shop). He picked his truck up after the heads were done and never made it home before he killed the rear diff.

I love my job...

Okay! Now that the happy tingly feeling has worn off I can think straight again - What happened? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif Guy's you gotta slap me around the next time that happens, I might get away!

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smhair.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smhair.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smhair.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smhair.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smhair.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smhair.gif

Now I get it, I still don't like tuners because it's too easy for any idiot to plug one in and bust up a perfectly good truck.

Doing headgaskets & EGR cooler right now on an 04 H-D w/ a Banks 6GUN tuner, this thing would do 150' burnouts.

Customer pay, and after the explaination why, he understands, he also understands that I am not reinstalling the tuner because of the damage it causes

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/poke.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/hammer2.gif

Today I've got a good one. Replacing the entire rear diff in this 350 CC 4X4.... Banks Six Gun, 4" pipes, no cat, lifted, big intercooler, big CAC tubes.... you name it.

Gawd knows how much money this boy has in go fast goodies and I have to find out why it has trouble getting 25 pounds of boost.

• 5 weeks later...

I was at the local dragstrip in my area this week for test and tune night.4dr crewcab dually and a 4dr crew cab single rear wheel duramax were laying the smack down on guys in 03-04 supercharged cobras,04-05 corvettes,and some 600cc street bikes.Ford went 7.69 and duramax went 8.01 in 1/8 mile.Blew my mind still can't get it out of my head.It opened my eyes to the potential of these new generation diesels.The engines don't sound like they are working as hard as a gas engine to achieve these times but i'm sure that it puts alot of pressure on headgaskets and things.Just amazing.

• 2 months later...

Today I've got a good one. Replacing the entire rear diff in this 350 CC 4X4.... Banks Six Gun, 4" pipes, no cat, lifted, big intercooler, big CAC tubes.... you name it.

I hear ya on that one, we had one with the same full banks setup and it was also laying 100' plus burnouts. I wonder why it was puking coolant and the trans was hanging in gear with a loud clunk when accelling! lol

• 3 months later...

7.69 and 8.01 1/8 mile, darn it my v10 sc 4x4 can do 15.9 1/4's whats so hot about a smoker laying out all that unburned fuel and doing roughly the same times? maybe a 14.0 sec 1/4 run . I still look at about 5k of cash in my bank account and love my FORD SUPER DUTY as well as the next guy.

and as a side note i now have 6 small rams head decals on my left door from showing the dodge guys at island dragway they can't take on cubic inshes and alway win.

• 5 months later...

pushing the up arrow to 5 on the edge tuner is fun but its murder on the direct clutch... and the rear tires all 4 in my case. ask my how I know!

Edge Tuner $

4" s/s Exhaust $

The look on the kids face

when an 8,300 lb crew cab dually (with kids car seats) blows his hopped up civic AWAY!!!! $priceless

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/thumbup.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/rockon.gif

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Doing headgasket and egr cooler on 06 f250 with edge tuner and 5 inch exhaust and afe intake, truck screamed in level 5 even bossman loved truck but was in go pedal to hard for to long and truck injested lotts-o-coolant and stalled, customer has no warleft any more due to mods but asked us to upgrade heads and gaskets and headstudd truck, we did got ported and polished heads with fire rings and arp stud kit, he is also looking into ported intake and exhaust manifolds and stage one injectors from elite-diesel.com. (cool company if you want to make great power safely they tell you you have to headstud to modify anything, even have twin turbo kit for 6.0l) Can't wait to get heads and truck done there is going to be a race with the 6.0 vs a heavily modified 2000 f350 7.3l good times a coming.

Gonna have to side with Larry on this, I seen 7.3's pull amazing times and with the history of the 6.0's ....... well nuff said right there... Mind you I wanna see the video /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/thumbup.gif

will try to get video if we ever get the heads from elite-diesel, sent cashiers check out monday with tracking number was delivered to them wedsday called friday to here no we did not get the check yet. spoke to manager and was told that the check was not with them and that the tracking info must be wrong. Customer getting worried about not getting heads, plus i need to get truck done soon. just to give more info on the two trucks the 7.3 has a 5 level chip guy won't say brand, k&n intake 5 inch exhaust stock trans that has broke twice, one in truck has 75k on it. 6.0l f250 has edge programmer with monitor afe intake 5 in exhaust trans shift kit soon to have ported heads and studs. going to be a good race if the trans in the 7.3 can hold out, will keep everyone posted.

Yesterday, at the Detroit Autorama, i went by the ford motorsports group, and there was a dude there asking the ford rep about add-ons for his six litre. The ford rep was treating this guy like absolute SHIT while i was standing there. So I talked to the guy with the truck about the effects of power adders, chips, air filters, etc. and he was REALLY happy that someone was taking the time to talk to him about his truck. About midway through our conversation, I looked over at the ford guy and he shot me the dirtiest look ever. Well, bud, you just lost yourself a customer because you wouldn't tell this guy the time of day. I think that the representation by Ford Motorsports at this show was quite poor, and even if Ford doesn't offer products that can do what this guy wants them to do, at least suggest some stuff made by Ford to help the guy out. I'm pretty sure he's interested in the Ford Cat-back for the six-o, but am sure he's not going through the channels at the car show to obtain one.

• 4 weeks later...

Okay guys check this one out, this is a customer of ours that has a Dodge 5.9 ISB twin turbo, not the regular turbos everybody has seen, My boss Turbo Craig, has been working with him on hybrid turbos for about a year now. I don't have all of the specs as to what he has done to the truck, but I'll get them and share. This is basically a stock Dodge other than the engine and trans, He is racing a GT Mustang and spanks the shit out of him. Chris(Hazardchris) on Youtube races this guy at about 2:00 in the AM. Turn your volume up and listen to the turbos spooling up. This truck ran a best of 10.22 in the quarter mind you this truck weighs over 7K pounds and is 4WD. Watch the center of the truck you can see the exhaust from the 7" stack coming up thru the center of the bed.

This rocks, Diesels are awesome /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cheers.gif

Sounds good but you cant see shit! I checked out a few of the other Dodge truck videos, saw the one called Dodge Truck Abuse. Holy crap was that truck put through hell! Are you amazed as I am at how many people out there don't know it "Cummins" not "Cummings?"

Ha! I just ran my spell checker on this post and it tried to correct Cummins to Cummings. WTF!

Did you hear the stutter when he was spooling up? We are working that out right now, the turbos are inline but the secondary turbo is wastegated and lets off before WOT and then catches up. We are working on a non wastegated one, looking to make about 85-90 lbs of boost when its done, with a manual gate that Chris can work from in the cab, basically a adjustable boost setup as he sees fit. If we get it done the right way the truck should be pushing about 875-900 hp and should run somewhere in the 9.80's-9.90's in the quarter. Pretty awesome for a truck like this.