What's in your bay, part III

Rate this topic

Keith Browning

They're slowly getting better. The main guy who was working on them in house finally quit so I've been getting a few more chances to do them right.

that's okay, I knew what you meant

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He was one of those self proclaimed diesel techs. It's funny even when he was working there how much cp work they brought me that a "diesel tech" should have been able to do. I came to find out that he was stealing parts and not installing them on vehicles too.

I came to find out that he was stealing parts and not installing them on vehicles too.

Those are your tax dollars at work paying guys like that.

2013 F350 4x4 6.7L with 2942 km. Customer got it stuck and heard a bang.

Posted Image

Something is missing!

Explain that to WPEC

2013 F350 4x4 6.7L with 2942 km. Customer got it stuck and heard a bang.

Posted Image

Something is missing!

Explain that to WPEC

The failure is very odd. It's almost as if the cups fell out. The customer is going back to find the missing piece in hopes we can put it through under warranty.

2013 F350 Ambulance. Hit a deer. Getting 2 rads, a condenser, bumper with all the mounts and plastic, and a lower shroud.

I converted a customer's 2001 Cobra track car (5.0 Coyote, supercharged), to returnless fuel system, and did some fuel system plumbing, and assembled a 4.6 2v blower motor long block. Gotta slam covers on it tomorrow and strap it to the dyno. Dynoed a 2014 Super Snake conversion (725hp at the wheels), and a Z06 corvette track car at the end of the day today (435HP N/A)

Dynoing the track car tomorrow to make sure the new fuel system is adequate, and then it's off to TMP for testing.

Originally Posted By: Aaron 

DSCF2468.jpg

Mike, I did this one a couple years back - looks familiar!You can see the imprint of the bottom of the oil filter housing where the filter melted into the housing base plate.HA HA!! Yup. Do you know where a good used late-build '04 6.0L engine can be obtained easily in Ontario? Apparently a Ford repaint is too much do re mi for the guy. I tried Carcone's, but I'm waiting to get a response back from them.

Last one I got was an 06, but I got it through LKQ, it came from Michigan. I actually BOUGHT it from the wrecking yard in Michigan, and they originally were gonna ship it to an LKQ yard in London (NO CHARGE!) for me to pick up to take to Windsor. They screwed it up shipping, and shipped it to Windsor for me no extra charge.I paid $4k for it, complete. FICM, turbo, the whole works. Even came with a downpipe. Only thing missing was FEAD and accessories, and starter.

Called tensioners and chains on an '06 5.4 in a Super Duty, put in an ABS computer on an old E450, and I got the okay for a long block on an Edge (customer cracked the oil pan and drove it 'til it wouldn't move any more). All retail : D

Fuel pump/sending unit float in one bay in a 88 E350 motorhome chassis, and a 65 Mustang in the other bay, parked and hasn't ran in 20 years, the owner has some decent income and wants it fixed up and driveable again, so it's a long list of ignition, fuel system, and brake work. And of course just outside my bay doors is a 99 S10 waiting for a driveline, and a 97 Chevy K1500 for exhaust donuts, oxygen sensor, and 2 wheels.

2008 F550 HiRail truck, diagnosed as needing entire high pressure fuel system at another dealer and came to me for second opinion. There is water in the fuel, it builds 5000 PSI and sounds like it wants to fire on 1 or 2 cylinders, smokes white/black if you crank it long enough. Removed EGR valve, it's closed. Pulling valve covers to check for debris.

Getting schooled by a 05 E-450 6.0 that's intermittently losing communication with the PCM. Driving down the road the IC will light up, wrench, cel, ect drops and so does the tach and speedo. It still runs but doesn't shift well at all. IDS also loses communication with the PCM. Only codes are module communication codes related to the CAN

Wiggling C176a at the PCM will re-create the concern. I repinned the CAN +/- wires in the connector but that didn't make any difference.

What worries me is the PCM and TCM have lost communication with each other. If they are both internal to the pcm shell wouldn't that indicate an internal failure?

PCM fixed the ambulance. Right now doing 2 other 6.0s. Ones getting an A/C compressor and the condensor is beat to hell, the other needs a fan clutch and some injectors. Both 05s

The 08 Hi-rail truck left on the hook, sad about that. Freestar torque converter recall is my current project(first one...yay.). Got a 2013 Explorer waiting for a torque converter as well.

Up-sold oil pan, front and rear seals on the Freestar.

Fixed a 07 F-550 today that was intermittently cutting out and losing all veh power. Twas the positive lug on the drivers side battery. Not the main engine harness another dealer just installed the day before(alright friday it was towed in). Needless to say one dealer just lost a fleet customer.

Also stopped by the ambulance garage on the way home tonight to look at one that's losing coolant.

Posted Image

Even at 6'4", working on this is a little ridiculous. Came in for over heating, no coolant, no visible leaks yet. :eek:

I did one with 44's on it. It wasn't quite that bad, but it sucked.

I'd be popping the coil springs out of that mobile weenie extension to work on it.