Lower Radiator hose

Rate this topic

I always have a hard time getting the two lower radiator hoses

pushed back together. i have tried different lubricants and twisting and wiggling, but my forearms always start to burn before I get the darn hoses snapped together. Is there any secrets to getting these things together easily?

Make sure both ends are clean. I will use my big ass channel locks if they get stubborn. On one occasion I used a pry bar and small hammer to tap them together, just make sure one hose is clipped to the frame first.

Yeah, these things should not be difficult to assemble. Not long ago I had a little trouble with one but it eventually went together. After a road test it leaked. Long story short, the o-ring apparently stuck when disassembling and ended up in the retainer clip groove. Stuff happens.

I never have a problem putting the old hoses back together, or even 2 new hoses, but if I just replace the hose from the front cover, they never seem to want to go together....I once fought one for a half hour, and then we decided it would be easier to replace the other one....slipped right in?!?!

Putting the connector together is small taters...... separating them without taking a shower.... now THAT'S a feat..... unless you have gullible apprentices....

Yes, and it only takes getting showered a couple of times to make you very careful about it. Posted Image I put my lift drain directly under the hose connection with a trans drain pan then with my 4' prybar I carefully and slowly put the tip in the crack between the hoses and twist to separate. Works for me.

Originally Posted By: Jim Warman
Putting the connector together is small taters...... separating them without taking a shower.... now THAT'S a feat..... unless you have gullible apprentices....

Yes, and it only takes getting showered a couple of times to make you very careful about it. Posted Image I put my lift drain directly under the hose connection with a trans drain pan then with my 4' prybar I carefully and slowly put the tip in the crack between the hoses and twist to separate. Works for me.

And make sure to stand to the front of the truck when seperating and never to the passenger side....ask me how I know Posted Image

I use the Channel Lock method for reassembly. But, I cut a hole in the hose I'm replacing to let the coolant run out before separating the connector.

What's the matter Alex? You don't like getting golden showers? Posted Image

Actually, when I get to point of separating the lower hose, I don't it. I get an apprentice to do it for me. Posted Image

I hate that hose. more so hate trying not to take a bath in coolant. I do the long pry bar trick too and be quick. Get in there and pry it apart and jump out of the way and hope you hit one of four drain buckets under it

• 2 weeks later...

I shoot at it with my Red Ryder BB gun.

Not the one from the Fallout series. That baby has some punch, it would end up going through the engine block if you are not careful. Posted Image

Originally Posted By: Brad Clayton
I shoot at it with my Red Ryder BB gun.

Not the one from the Fallout series. That baby has some punch, it would end up going through the engine block if you are not careful. Posted Image

I think you're supposed to shoot rad-roaches with that not rad-hoses.

Posted Imagehttp://images.wikia.com/fallout/images/d/d3/FNVLEBBGun.png