This is precious...

Rate this topic

Jim Warman

It's Saturday, nearly 6PM local and two of the puppies start caterwauling. I grab the shepherd by the collar (at 130ish pounds he can put his front feet on my shoulders and look me in the eye... me being about 6 feet tall) and go to the front door.

There is a young man peddling security systems - "I don't think you need what I'm selling" sez he....

Understatement of the year....

Life has it's moments.

I also have 4 legged security system, 2 year old 95 pound Mountian Curr. Naturally aggressive breed origionally bred for hunting here in the mountians. Don't have to worry about anything here in house or shop.

Yeah. And for you 'Mericans to see how ridiculous our laws are in Canada, if Jim's dog catches an intruder breaking into his house, and either maims said intruder and/or injures intruder, he can SUE Jim, or worse yet JIM can be charged with a criminal offence. Isn't that right Jim? Posted Image

Yeah. And for you 'Mericans to see how ridiculous our laws are in Canada, if Jim's dog catches an intruder breaking into his house, and either maims said intruder and/or injures intruder, he can SUE Jim, or worse yet JIM can be charged with a criminal offence. Isn't that right Jim? Posted Image

Only of the intruder LIVES.... The dog gives me enough time to slide a clip into whatever now legal long gun I have handy. The long gun registry is GONE!!!!!

Besides, my shepherd is a regular pussycat - likes to sleep with his head on my lap. Besides, if you hear him barking and insist on entering...... you'd be up for a Darwin Award.

Exactly right Jim.

Just make sure intruder is Inside the house when constables get there. Laws are the same here, Civil law suit they also have the right to quarintine and examine the dog for rabies if it bites someone.

If propety is posted though it is considered fair warning. .

My Curr is well trained and is completely dosile to the family. He enjoys "testing" strangers. Has very fierce growl, If you show any fear the game is on. He will screw with thier heads constantly. If we are not home Nobody gets in fenced house and shop. At least no one has been stupid enough to try. Posted Image

Nevermind a dog defending you or your family. If you try to defend yourself now you can be charged.

How did shit get so crazy Posted Image

Here in NY your duty is to run away, even if it means to jump out your window to get away from an intruder.

I don't typically get into discussions like this, but I do have my thoughts and opinions. Although I doubt this is the course that Jim intended this thread to go.

TOO MANY PEOPLE.....There I said it. This world is way too over populated. It was bound to happen eventually. We just happen to be at the point on the timeline that it started.

Too many people to feed by growing food naturally. Too many people to keep track of and govern effectively.

All we can do as good law abiding respectful people/parents, for those of us that are, is to teach the next generation to do thing better. Not different but better, because, like I tell my kids, to do things different does not necessarily mean you are doing things better.

Remember the line from The Matrix, not an exact quote, but we humans are the only living things on this planet that doesn't self regulate it's population. The weak don't die off when the herd gets to big for the food source, the weak resort to crime to get what they need to survive.

That's my opinion on how all this shit got so crazy.

Yah, well, stick your hand in my pickup without my permission, get bit, and I have to take my best friend for the needle.

Seems fair as fuck.

Posted Image