New Hoist

Rate this topic

Shop looks very nice Matt, two things I would do to complement those lifts: get rid of those floor spotters (they really inhibit putting the trucks where you want them and are, in my opinion, for new techs that have never used a lift before) and get a set of these Door Jammer Pros. They work great for saving paint.

Posted Image

Actually the hoist installers told me removing those floor spotters actually voids any kind of warranty on the lift and it negates any kind of liability the installers have.  As much as I feel they are not necessary either there's no way I can do anything about them being the racks are brand new.

Actually the hoist installers told me removing those floor spotters actually voids any kind of warranty on the lift and it negates any kind of liability the installers have.  As much as I feel they are not necessary either there's no way I can do anything about them being the racks are brand new.

Floor spotters - good stuff when you have 3 toolboxes, 3 mounted rig tires, and a full 150 gallon tidy tank in the back in the back of a crew cab. My 4 poster spoiled the crap outta me (27,000 pounds - YAYHOOOO!!!

I picked up my first cab on my 18k rack this week. It was an extended cab and wasn't quite as easy as I'd hoped. I need to be more aware of being dead center between the posts and being straight in my bay.  As you can see my bays are angled and it's a tough angle to pull in a super duty, if the shop was 10ft wider it'd be fine.  Zero chance I'll be picking up any regular cabs on those lifts too. 

Now the other rack on my side is a 12k with 3 stage arms.  The arms are super short on this thing and it would be perfect for pulling cabs.  Now how do I get our other tech to "share"

Also I will admit those floor spotters are an absolute nightmare.  I'm ready to chisel them up

• 1 month later...

Well, I have ran into a bit of a snag on my quest for an 18K lift. The company that quoted the lift showed up today to do some scouting and give a more detailed quote. They liked where I wanted to put it and finished things up with a test drill. And the brakes were applied with full force on this locomotive. This old ass shop I work in only has 4 inch floors. :rolleyes:

That ups the quote a little now.  I had a school bus (short Bus) on mine yesterday.  I did have 1 issue.  I had a motor stalling issue when loaded.  They sent a pressure relief valve that allows the motor to spin up before fully closing fixing the issue.

I've had one little issue with mine too. The locks are air release and they ran the thin plastic air lines up through our ceiling.........which, apparently it gets really cold up above the ceiling when temps are sub zero.

So I put my racks up one night to scrub the floors, come in the next day and the locks won't release.  I scratched my head for a half hour over that one, running around checking the compressor and all the valves.  Now my lock releases take a quick connect air fitting.

Also I would like to complain that it smells like they filled up the damn reservoirs with SP. So every time I let a rack down guess what I smell. :sick:   

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Believe it or not, we got approved for not 1 but 2 of these lifts. One will be going over to the GM side of the dealer though. Of course now we have hit a new snag, they are saying that our ceiling is to low.