On the move!

Rate this topic

YukonTyler

Might have to change my name? Hard to say.

The fiance and I are getting hitched next Saturday up here in the Yukon, and then next Wednesday is my last day here Whitehorse Motors.

I'll be sticking with repairing blue ovals - I have an offer at Fair Isle Ford in Charlottetown. That store is a short 10 minute drive from where we just bought a house, shop and 10 acres in the town of Suffolk, PEI.

7000 km from coast to coast starting July 30. The plan is to convoy from with my 6.4 (with a shed built on its flat deck) and a tandem axle travel trailer (packed to the brim) in tow. My future bride will have her Rav 4 with a small utility trailer behind it. Here goes nothin'!

I need a Yukon plate for my wall here, if'n you can score me an extra one.

Post pics of your rig with the shed built on the back!

Much thanks guys. There's some kind words and offers on here.

We will hit as far south as Burlington in Ontario in order to see her folks en route. Also Aaron, I have an extra Yukon tags. One has your name on it.

• 2 weeks later...

well the wedding part is all done.

my buddies from ottawa and calgary came up to join my cousin/neighbour/best friend as groomsmen. along with my new brother-inlaw they kidnapped me on thursday night for a midnight fishing trip for a bachelor party.

pictured is my new brother-inlaw with the 'small' one of the night. ~12 lb lake trout from Tagish Lake in the southern part of the Yukon. still pretty light out for 11 pm. the big one of the night was 20+ lbs. forget the bars and the peelers - this is the way to do it.

Posted Image

then we actually, you know, got hitched. fun times!

Posted Image

Just occurred to me that you'd be passing by Slave Lake. Thursday and Friday are already going to be a bit hectic but give me a call - Capt. Obvious has my number......

Almost time to hit the road! My cousin and I built a shed for the back of my truck the day. When I get to the Island I'll give it a floor, tin the roof and it will be the new chicken coop for the acreage. In the mean time it's covered storage and a fuel economy killer all the way east.

Kind offers of meetings and drinks en route. We'll have to see how travel goes, but I'll be connected to the ol' internets via my laptop to check in on the way.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

That's great, nice shed, love seeing the kids get involved too. (The best is the fist pump/directions given by the little one in pic 3)

Looks like a great time was had by all.