water in fuel light

Rate this topic

Since the WIF sensor is a normally open switch, disconnectinf the sensor and clearing the code will likely be the temporary fix you are looking for, as there is no permanent way to disable it, nor should you. Of course, this will not work if you have a wiring or module concern. I assume you verified there is no water in the DCFM and suspect that the sensor and housing are mucked up.

This is kind of on topic,did you here about the fuel station near Minneapolis that got purposely contaminated diesel fuel. There are a lot of trucks down because of this. That sucks big time!!!!!

http://www.sctimes.com/article/20130828/NEWS01/308280037/Greater-gas-station-security-urged-after-diesel-fuel-tampering

link from Saint Cloud  MN.newspaper about it....

The Minneapolis/St. Paul  t.v. news just said the fuel was contaminated and thrown out. (now that's good reporting)

got it handled threw custom tune sct and a live wire the truck is a off road use only deleted egr coolers deleted twin turbos to one single turbo and deleted dpf with studded arp head bolts and ported heads and after market exaust intake lift and suspension! customer could give a damn about 10,000 dollars he pissess that away in fuel for his off shore boat just wanted to know how to disable light so when hes off roading it doesn't go into limp home! thank you for the reply got it handled!!!!

and just so we all on the same page I do agree with everyday drivers keeping there safety parameters left on.We custom tune everything from street to strip here even on radical combos on the street we leave knock sensors and spark adavance and intake air temp parameters in play!!!!

• 3 weeks later...

that is alot of work to turn off a water in fuel light. Hope you actually do not have any contaminated fuel otherwise all those fancy parts wont do much when it wont run.

I had one of our guys ignore the water in fuel warnings....end result was engine replacement. Just something to think about

Wouldn't be easier just to add in a second filter/separator unit if he is that concerned. I never did understand the concept of running a diesel off road. Wouldn't you get better response out of a hopped up gasser, better for wheel spin IMHO.