One of the reasons I like my new shop

Rate this topic

Brad Clayton

A lot of companies around here close down for that week.  Unfortunatlely (fortunately?) one of our biggest fleet clients closes down a few days before Christmas and doesn't reopen until the day after New Year's...  During that time, I get all 30 of their F-550s for front and rear brakes, full maintenance and annual inspections, making it by far my most lucrative stretch of the year...  Then, I take a week off to sleep and hit the bottle. :thumbup:

• 1 month later...

Well, I made out like a bandit at the Christmas party and I wasn't even there. This will be the first Christmas party I have missed in decades. My daughter graduated from college the same day and we had family down from Vermont.

Anywho I received the technician of the year award ($300 bucks and a nice eagle plaque) and was awarded most hours turned for the Ford store. I also received another check for the total of a quarter for every hour turned in 2013.

All in all it was a nice take and I wasn't expecting anything!!

Congrats Brad !! It's nice to be recognized. This Christmas will be 2 yrs since I have been at work, and on disability. My employer called my house and said there was a turkey for me; everyone gets a turkey at Christmas. When I went in I was given my turkey, and $200 from my service manager, and another $200 from the owner. It left me speechless but grateful at the same time