8C3Z-9E461-B

Rate this topic

mchan68

Well, the only reason for them to be replaced is because they broke or the EGR valve is seized in them so they are not really worth anything monetarily... unless they want to see why... which is BS after all this time. Perhaps they want to stop techs from just throwing one at trucks "just because" as warranty control.

Well, the only reason for them to be replaced is because they broke or the EGR valve is seized in them so they are not really worth anything monetarily... unless they want to see why... which is BS after all this time. Perhaps they want to stop techs from just throwing one at trucks "just because" as warranty control.

But thay have always been a manditory parts return under warranty, so that makes no sense either. Plus when was the last time you replaced an EGR valve under warranty, been at least a year for me. I think it is to stop others from cashing in on the scrap metal aspect. Unless Ford is getting into the recycling business as some kind of write off incentive.

• 3 weeks later...

Some of the head lights or tail lights have some HID shit or circuitry in them that's bad for the environment and they want it to not go to landfill.

I believe the 6.0 EGR cooler core is to keep them from the aftermarket. There are more than a few companies cutting open coolers and re-gutting them.  Same with the valves, aftermarket is remanufacturing them.

I sent 20+ scrap coolers to Bulletproof last year and in lieu of payment I opted to get one free 6.0 square cooler to keep here at the shop.  I'll tell you one thing, when you've got a customer who's sick of replacing oem EGR coolers it's pretty easy to sell a bulletproof.  When I sell one I use the money to reorder a new one.

• 2 weeks later...