Boost on c15 acert.

Rate this topic

robp823

We have a c15 acert mxs 625 hp.Its only making 40 psi of boost loaded.pressure tested CAC and all intake piping.Checked all connections from turbo to turbo.Used a air pressure regulator to test wastegate.On the wastegate it's stamped 25.86 psi.When I'm adjusting the regulator and hit 25 psi the wastegate starts to open and at 40 psi wastegate is fully open.Looked up the test spec on SIS.Shows spec of 51 psi of boost.Everyone else I have talked including some of the drivers say that it should make 60 psi.What am I missing here?

How many miles are on this engine/ injectors?  what is your intake restriction at as well as exhaust restriction.  How are you loading the engine down, test drive with heavy trailer or dyno?  Has it had any recent work done to it( injector replacement, overhead set, etc.)  Sorry for all questions and no answers

The engine just had an in frame with new injectors about 15,000 miles ago.Checked overhead and when I said tight I meant it was in spec but on the tighter side.We are testing the truck with a loaded trailer.Did not perform intake or exhaust restriction tests.

Did the low power condition begin with the overhaul? Have the parts installed during the overhaul been verified to be correct, I have on 2 occasions found the wrong parts installed during major engine repairs.  I really wish trucks did not have boost gauges. Most drivers dont really understand what boost is or how it is produced. Most see the guage didnt go to 40 this time only 37 so there must be low power. Been on many a wild goose chase because of this.  Anyway, another thing to consider is the load or route this truck is taking, has it changed when the power complaint started? 

They did a platinum kit.As far as I know all the parts are correct and the injectors were programmed.I was curious to that myself because I recently found out that the turbos are different on higher horsepower models.The truck does have the correct turbo installed.