EGR cooler labor

Rate this topic

Aaron

What are you guys flagging?

EGR cooler only no diag.

EGR and oil cooler/element replacement.

Thanks guys.

10 for both coolers on an F-series with a turbo cleaning and STC replacement.  Usually sell cac boots and a FPR upgrade also.  E-series depends.  12 sounds about right for all of the above. 

I do also, just curious as to how the work is likely being charged out.

Does R & R intake gaskets on an F still pay like 8 hours in Mitchell? That's something I never understood because the EGR cooler pays less than he intake gasket replacement.

Every EGR cooler/oil cooler replace that comes into my bay gets new coolant, oil and filter, but definitely for higher labour times.

If the EGR cooler ain't totally fucked I flush them first so the junk it frees up during the flush doesn't plug the new cooler.

I've only ever done one repeat oil cooler, it was for a oil in the coolant concern and it was flushed properly the first time. (Well maybe not since it came back, but I did my best)

I upsold an oil cooler in a zf6 truck that broke the oil pump gears and front cover. Should I flush it?

Well we have migrated away from Aarons question a bit. But I have to add to this as I think some of you are screwing yourselves. If you use TSB 09-8-3 as a reference, diag, replace the coolers, recondition the turbo (in my opinion you are an ass if you do not at least split them and inspect them when you have them off the engine) flush the cooling system with VC-9 and change the engine oil and filter - on an F-Series warranty time comes to 10.5. I convert warranty time to CP labor times by multiplying by 1.4 and in this case 10.5 X 1.4 comes to 14.7 hours.

Back on topic - warranty pays a flat 5.0 hours to slam just an EGR cooler in one of these. Using my formula we come to 7 hours for CP labor.

Mitchell has oil cooler at 8.6 hrs, it has egr cooler also at 8.6 hrs. I will go 9 for both plus 2.5 for the diag, flush and oil change. Thats 11.5 hours and it will be done in under 7.

Mitchell has oil cooler at 8.6 hrs, it has egr cooler also at 8.6 hrs. I will go 9 for both plus 2.5 for the diag, flush and oil change. Thats 11.5 hours and it will be done in under 7.

That sounds pretty close to what I charge.