Fragile Plastic Pushpin Retainers For 6.7L

Rate this topic

mchan68

I got a 6.7L in my bay right now for some work, after getting fed up with fighting those stupid cheesy plastic pushpins for the sound insulators, I managed to come up with a part number for these damn things. It is BC3Z-6N958-A if I looked it up correctly. I can't believe the ridiculous price. If I'm wrong, please correct me. Perhaps this would be a good sticky.

I got a 6.7L in my bay right now for some work, after getting fed up with fighting those stupid cheesy plastic pushpins for the sound insulators, I managed to come up with a part number for these damn things. It is BC3Z-6N958-A if I looked it up correctly. I can't believe the ridiculous price. If I'm wrong, please correct me. Perhaps this would be a good sticky.

I double checked and it is all good, they were only a couple of bucks which isn't out of the ordinary for Ford's recent pricing. It has been added to the sticky list. :thumbup:

http://www.forddoctorsdts.com/topic/3282-odd-part-numbers/

• 2 weeks later...

I grab my side cutters and cut the aluminum and give a twist and the retainers just fall out. I had one 1The other day that had the deflector upside down, blocking a bit of the radiator with just 2 mangled retainers.