Natural Selection

Rate this topic

justins62

So I'm on my lunch break at the local McDonald and I get a big group text message with pictures and everything from a buddy i graduated asset with and he told us a story about a kid his dealership hired to go through the asset program. This kid saw another tech spraying a K&N air filter down to clean it and wondered why. So he went to the tech and asked "Why the hell are you spraying that red?" The technician had a feeling this could get interesting so he says "because thats what the customer wanted." so the technician asked the future asset student has he ever done this before and the future asset student replied "of course i have i have cold air intake in my v6 mustang bro." the technician went to a service writer and had him make an RO that said clean and spray K&N air filter yellow. so the technician gave the RO to the future asset student and told him were the yellow spray paint was and gets him cardboard to paint on. the service manager was in on the hole deal and after the student got done the service manager chewed his ass out. in the last image you see the service manager yelling at the kid. at least he has safety glasses

Capture2.PNG

Capture.PNG

Capture3.PNG

earlier in the message I was told this kid crashed 3 customer vehicles and filled an engine with washer fluid till it was poring out of the fill neck. 

• Like 1

It's a good time as long as the person on the receiving end has a healthy mental state and easily and readily I might add, accepts all hazing and ribbing full well understanding that it is in the job description and a right of passage.

I always ask a new guy if he can handle it or if he is one of the sensitive types, if he is good to go, then I pile it on relentlessly. :D

We had an ASEP grad from UTI start a couple weeks ago.  He graduated high in is class and is 70% GM trained.  Came in with a small toolbox and was totally lost.  He doesn't have a car, and had no car when he was going to school.  He ran into 3 things in the shop, and now is not allowed to drive any vehicles.  The advisors and other techs have to pull in his vehicles.  He backed into a $90,000 Platinum Escalade that was in for a PDI, and was already sold.  At least he drains my oil Drains for me and is easy to get along with.

• 2 weeks later...

Are you serious or is this just an act?I cannot believe anybody would spray paint air filter, c'mon now........ :chinrub2:

You ever worked with an asset student?

Or UTI student for that matter. They always made the asset kids look good!

There is always that 1 out of 10 guys that actually knows what he is doing though and picks up on everything quick.

I miss giving the new kids a hard time at the dealer. !