Fake V8 Sound In The 2015 F-150

Rate this topic

mchan68

Really Ford? How about NOT discontinuing V8 engine production altogether and at the very least keeping it alive for those few of us who prefer a V8.

http://www.roadandtrack.com/go/news/the-2015-ford-f-150-pumps-v8-engine-noise-into-v6-trucks?src=soc_fcbks

I think if this trend of "V8 killing" continues, I may end up looking to the other brand "x" manufacturers for my next vehicle purchase.

While they are at this active sound cancelling and active sound enhancement biz I would like to request that they add ANC for farts. I would like to fart in a vehicle full of passengers and not have to apologize. Silent ones would leave everyone in the truck trying to figure out who did it.

Yep this is really lame, The Focus ST is the same way, My brother in law has one and guess what? That fake engine noise BS has been full of bugs. Obviously people still want the sound of a v8 as they are having to fake it. I get the v6 ecoboost stuff but yeah I really hope the V8 does not go away completely. I love F150s but I can tell you if I was not able to buy a V8 in a TRUCK! I would be looking at something else.

hopefully they keep the 6.2 around for a long while, yeah they have shit mileage but run great, much better the the 5.4 or 6.8

My brother bought a brand new 14 F-150 with a 5.0 and the first thing he did was have a glass pack put in place of the factory muffler. It was definitely worth it. First thing I did to the 6.0 was get an exhaust sans muffler.

One of these days we will be talking about removing sound panels so we can hear all 6 phases when we stand on the pedal in our electric trucks..........

• Like 1

One of these days we will be talking about removing sound panels so we can hear all 6 phases when we stand on the pedal in our electric trucks..........

Nah we will still have a diesel engine powering the electric motors. Kinda like a train :ohnoes: