Metal flakes in coolant

Rate this topic

Hello guys

Got a guy who is on his forth degas bottle. The leak happens right above the front cover to degas bottle hose nipple (the big one underneath the degas bottle) When he first called me about the problem I thought it was fuel in coolant. Any way he gets to my house and I look at his coolant and no signs of fuel (no smell at all) but I did notice metal flakes inside the bottle. He is going to be back this weekend so I can drive with coolant guage to see if his headgaskets are blown (I did oil cooler and egr delete few month back) Any way did you gusy ran into metal in coolant before?

Also how do you guys clean your blocks and your heads (headgasket job) thanks and have a good day

Also how do you guys clean your blocks and your heads (headgasket job) thanks and have a good day

Brass scraper and brake cleaner. Then finish off with a scotch brite pad( not the kind you put on a buffing wheel, use the big rectangular pads). You don't need to get it shiny, it just needs to feel smooth.