Tools,Tricks, & Tips

Rate this topic

Disclaimer smoke from plastic can be toxic :sick:....Be safe

I had found that a solder gun with a flat tip works well for welding plastic pieces. I prefer to use the original material if possible. Let say you have a trim piece the broke one of the factory welds, if there is enough material remaining just heat it up, if not cut a non used ear off the piece and use for a filler rod.

Also string trimmer string works great for a filler rod....FYI if repairing a DPF sensor port on a 6.4L it will only make it about 1/2 way through a Manual Regen befor it melts the string trimmer string filler :hahaha:

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

I started using dishwashing soap & water to clean my safety glasses. Put a couple drops of soap, rub between your finger & thumb, rinse with water. Then blow dry with shop air....your glasses are now anti-fog :cool:

• Like 1

• 11 months later...

They are 9" fuel hose line clip adapter disconnect release tool.I think I am going to really like them, especially on 6.7 Def filler hose @ the tank

That would be nice to try out. 

FYI I quit even attempting to remove the def tank hoses at the tank. They are usually full of mud, gravel.  I unbolt them at the fender and pull them down with the tank.

On Tuesday, May 08, 2018 at 3:10 PM, batmantech said:

That would be nice to try out.

FYI I quit even attempting to remove the def tank hoses at the tank. They are usually full of mud, gravel.  I unbolt them at the fender and pull them down with the tank.

I used to take the lines out with tank then I bought these and have been removing the lines from tank again

https://store.snapon.com/Diesel-Exhaust-Fluid-DEF-Tools-Diesel-Exhaust-Fluid-DEF-Tube-Release-Forks-P886427.aspx

• Like 1

Itonly works good on stock pickups removing lines with tank. Then any upfit pickup and all cab and chassis that method doesn't work. So that's when I found the disconnect tools. I probably work on 70 percent upfit so leaving lines attached not feasable

I cut them as well if they are really difficult. I have a ratcheting box wrench that usually works but space and swing room is limited. Good or bad I really don't do many shocks on E-series to begin with.

• 4 weeks later...

I took my old spark plug wire removers and modified the ends to do the same thing for removing fuel lines and the DEF tank hoses.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...