What's In Your Bay - Part VI

Rate this topic

Keith Browning

06 f-250 engine in older super duty no start  low base oil

05 f-350 fuel running out exhaust pipe

6.4 engine replace customer bought a used engine

05 f-250 no start

Oh and weather forecast for Saturday night is for   -26 degrees Fahrenheit and snowstorm is on the way now before the cold. 

Oh and weather forecast for Saturday night is for   -26 degrees Fahrenheit and snowstorm is on the way now before the cold. 

We are going the opposite. Been having windchills of -40 for the past week and by Monday we jump to above freezing.....I'll finally be able to get the no start 6.7L that only needs a fuel pump pig tail crimped in without having to fill the flat tires and push it in. 

My 2005 F550 came in for the long block.  :partay:

Trying to dig all the broken oil pump gears out of the front cover of the 2006 F550 to see what went through it. Contemplating putting the front cover and pump from the 2005 core on the 2006 with the blown up oil pump. That way I don't have to go find a cover elsewhere.  :chinrub2:

• Like 1

3 new 6.7 with under 5000 miles no starts  all fuel gelled p0087 p008a

How cold was it in your part of MN? I had 22 below Fahrenheit. No gelled trucks brought in but plenty of phone calls to advisors asking about why it would say low fuel pressure on my dash

3 new 6.7 with under 5000 miles no starts all fuel gelled p0087 p008a

How cold was it in your part of MN? I had 22 below Fahrenheit. No gelled trucks brought in but plenty of phone calls to advisors asking about why it would say low fuel pressure on my dash

Cause it's low. Duh.

We only had 10 or 12 below over here.

We were about the same that -20 plus.

The one was towed it was kind of a bugger to get started after all that.

It is amazes me, these all are owned by people who have had diesel trucks for years. 

Well I am about 90 hours behind because of the shit show that's been going on here lately. They actually cleared out my schedule for the rest of the year and decided not to bring anything else in. There are 6 fucking 6.0s here 3 of which need the trifecta.

Finally got my dana 80 housing to go ahead with the build on the 08

Just finished installing a factory complete dana 70 on a 16 E350 bus with 250 miles on the odometer that was on its way to an air force base in florida, left hub had no fluid in it from factory.

08 6.4 dump truck tear down for hpfs destroyed by rust

couple 6.7 def heaters

Last but not least a 96 F800 with I don't know what engine crank no start :banghead:

I have a 12 that had been dpf deleted and now put back stock. Truck was in count down to idle only fixed corroded connectors that were giving me on demand codes. test drove in under 3 miles set code for no reluctant flow. Found bad inj replaced test drove now setting waste gate code. Tested waste gate solenoid is not letting vacuum thru. Wonder what's next.

Started working on the 08 6.4 customer bought a used engine for it. took a look inside through the glow plug hole, 1/4 inch thick sludge covering everything. Now we wait...customer trying to find another engine.

Not my job, just in my spare bay because it's the only place it will fit: F650 V10 10,589 hours, 39,000 KM's(24,000 miles). Second engine, keeps spitting out intake valve followers. Same reason the engine was replaced by us last year.

gallery_904_21_323042.jpg

gallery_904_21_57477.jpg

I can't understand what is going on in that first pic. Is the body on some kind of scissor jack?

Looks like an airline truck to me. I think they use them to load stuff on the planes.

Sure is. Only way to get the hood open. Good thing our roof is high enough.

2011 F550 6.7L tensioner pulley blew off and spit the belt. Customer claims they couldn't shut down the engine with out removing the fuel pump fuse. I charged up the batteries, drove it in and it shuts down just fine for me. Funny, or odd, they didn't think to use the emergency shut down to kill the engine...

2008 F350 6.4L, both belts and tensioners and customer requested alternator.

I have a 6.7 for exhaust manifolds sitting in my stall for Monday. Machine shop says one head questionable on modified 6.4 for headgaskets. Customer brought in arp headstuds and tub of the arp moly lube. We ordered Ford gaskets.

I also have a 16 explorer sport for under hood harness. The customer purchased in September and I found at least 2 dozen damaged wires from rodents. Pretty impressive damage in short amount of time

Let me guess... under the battery junction box.

I also have a 16 explorer sport for under hood harness. The customer purchased in September and I found at least 2 dozen damaged wires from rodents. Pretty impressive damage in short amount of time

Let me guess... under the battery junction box.

Yeah, nice little home there for rodents.