What's In Your Bay - Part VI

Rate this topic

Keith Browning

I had one that the service manager made me fix. Only had 1 broken wire and 15 more that were chewed into. But no other damage anywhere else.

Customer called insurance company they sent adjuster and inspected. Not sure who is paying but harness showed up this afternoon.

2017 F350 King Ranch 6.7L 2100 KM's. P20E8. $110,000 truck and the DEF pump doesn't work.

Pumps are on back order. Swapped tanks with another unit to get the customer going. Real easy to get the tank out too.

Remember that 08 6.4 used engine that I told them they should not install.... Well after I warned them the customer and salvage yard said it should be ok, we have a video of it running. After I transferred everything over and was ready to set it in The customer decided not to install it now. So here it sits on my hoist until the new used engine gets here.

Z1

2017 F350 King Ranch 6.7L 2100 KM's. P20E8. $110,000 truck and the DEF pump doesn't work.

Pumps are on back order. Swapped tanks with another unit to get the customer going. Real easy to get the tank out too.

I have a 2017 for p20e8 also. Passes reductant test but duty cycle is high. I contacted hotline they said try an injector and when it returns then put pump in it.

So.....I swapped out the tank from the other unit. High duty cycle, but it passes. Hotline wanted me to run leak test with line disconnected to see if it was air locked. Doing so dropped the duty cycle down to 18%, then back up to 49% with the line connected. Funny thing now is the truck thinks the tank is empty. Ran refill activation twice and drove the truck. No change. Time to start a thread in 6.7L section on this one. Gonna be some fun times coming. 

Latest response from Hotline is to replace both the tank and the pump. Fill the tank, perform refill activation, and all SCR parameter resets, disconnect batteries for 10 minutes, then touch positive and negative cables together to reset module logic.

Under valve cover harnesses on the cleanest 2002 F350 7.3L that I have ever seen. 

09 F550 Oil overfull, 2 cylinder contribution codes, Drive to clean exhaust message in cluster. Tire shop quoted a DPF delete and tuner.

The 06 F450 I changed the front cover on for the blown up oil pump is back. They want to change the turbo now too. 

Got a 15 F-250 here with a P008A and a constant whine from the low pressure fuel pump. Filters are wix but look fairly new. Pulled the tank, checked the sending unit and bowl, found nothing. No leaks anywhere and nowhere I can see it sucking air. I guess I'm gonna have to try a low pressure pump

My 2009 had 34 litres in the crankcase. Drained some oil out of the CAC. The DPF is no-where close to being plugged. Cleared the codes and the wrench light, the drive to clean is gone as well. Wonder how the tire shop figured the delete and tune would fix a leaking injector?  :chinrub2:

My 2009 had 34 litres in the crankcase. Drained some oil out of the CAC. The DPF is no-where close to being plugged. Cleared the codes and the wrench light, the drive to clean is gone as well. Wonder how the tire shop figured the delete and tune would fix a leaking injector?  :chinrub2:

Less back pressure on the flames & engine components as they exit. :haha2:

• Like 1

#6 injector was leaking.

Negative on the low pressure pump for my 6.7. Put it in and the truck would not start or build fuel pressure. Popped the line off at the secondary filter and it hissed like air escaped. Purged the line and suddenly I had good fuel pressure. Then I realized the secondary filter, even though it was a new WIX, was plugged. I'll have to get a pic of the cut open filter. It's clean but sucked in at the middle

The first time I saw a restricted secondary filter I figured it out right away, the second time I got burned completely. Perhaps I need to get my head out of my ass?

• Like 1

Negative on the low pressure pump for my 6.7. Put it in and the truck would not start or build fuel pressure. Popped the line off at the secondary filter and it hissed like air escaped. Purged the line and suddenly I had good fuel pressure. Then I realized the secondary filter, even though it was a new WIX, was plugged. I'll have to get a pic of the cut open filter. It's clean but sucked in at the middle

The first time I saw a restricted secondary filter I figured it out right away, the second time I got burned completely. Perhaps I need to get my head out of my ass?

Maybe the engineers should done something really useful with that LP_FUEL_SW Pid & made it read NOT_OE :chinrub2:

My thoughts on AM filters especially on a diesel....Anyone that wants to use a AM filter should be prepared to buy a AM engine. :haha2:

06 and 07 sprinters each has a huge list of shit to be done. New account, local church with a couple of f150s asked if we would work on these. Advisor  says sure no problem bring them on in. Thanks for bringing me in on the conversation :whattodo:

05 6.0 excursion for head gaskets

Class c motorhome for I don't know what

97 F800 is back for a starter

6.4 for thermostats

I just buttoned up the excursion I did headgaskets on cab on.  I defintely should have at least made an attempt at removing the body, oh well maybe if there's a next time.  This is the only 6.0 excursion I've ever even seen. 

Right on par with the way things have been going this thing stuck the screws to me too!  I'm all done, headgaskets were torched caused by the turbo vanes frozen and most likely overboosted a few too many times.  So I go for my post roadtest and the thing only makes like 3psi boost tops but EBP is perfect.  I checked the MAP port since I always pressure wash the intake and it was clear.  The hot side cac boots are brand new and I know the black cold side duct was good.  I'm also positive this thing made at least some boost before I tore it down.  I remember it running damn near perfect except it was blowing coolant out the bottle.

Damn it if the hot side tank on the intercooler isn't separated from the core.  I looked at it too prior to the estimate, the tank isn't clean off but only pulled apart in the middle towards the rad.  Almost impossible to see. It never occurred to me the truck was overboosting at the time I drove it but masked itself with the huge boost leak.  

Oh well, I get to break the good news tomorrow. 

Yeah mine is the exact same thing. Running a programmer, coolant blowing out of the degas bottle, already has an egr delete so no brainer. This is the cleanest excursion I have ever seen, only 46k miles. Problem is the customer is from out of state, I squeezed him in to diag it and told him it would be 1 to 2 weeks before I could start on it. I looked at it last Wednesday and he has called 3 times wanting to know the progress. I'm so overloaded already I felt like telling him to drive home since he wants to be a pain the ass.