P207F

Rate this topic

2015...But whatever caused the initial issue, then fixed itself by sitting for 2 weeks is what has me baffled. They put 10 km on it just by taking it back to the yard and bringing it back to me. Very odd.

To add to that SSM, this is from the PC/ED:

Diagnostic Aids:

The presence of this DTC may indicate the vehicle is operating in derate mode and may experience a loss of power. After repair, the vehicle may still display a system warning message. Drive the vehicle, while carrying out the appropriate drive cycle procedure, until the system warning message has cleared from the instrument cluster message center. Refer to Section 2, Drive Cycles for additional information.

This DTC is present for 400 days after the exhaust system fluid fault message is cleared.

Are they kidding? You gotta look at that code for over a year? Am I reading that correctly? That would be mighty confusing to anyone working on the truck down the road if there is nothing actually wrong with it.

That sounds like the criteria for Global OBDII Mode 0A.  The code remains stored for 400 days, unless the monitor runs successfully 3 times, then the code clears.  

Joe

Just finished a 2014, p207f, p0401. Had the exhaust system replaced elsewhere and no DEF fault messages. I diagnosed and replaced the EGR cooler and both codes cleared. 

Just was told it's coming back in, Exhaust system fault and speed limited.....I hate these.

So..what I thought was a new after treatment assembly was actually the original, just less rusty that the tail pipe. Particle filter is damaged and it's getting a new one tomorrow. 

Did I mention I hate these....

Did I read that correctly? It's getting a 2nd torpedo?

No. When it came in the first time it had P207F and P0401. No fault messages, so I ignored the P207F and fixed the EGR cooler. I noticed the tailpipes were black, but the exhaust LOOKED new, so I left it thinking that it was replaced elsewhere, turns out it wasn't. Next day it comes back, now it had the Exhaust fault and P207F. Further inspection of the exhaust revealed it was original, but the DPF was buggered. So I just finished installing a new one. 

Performed all the resets, get out on the road to clear the message and the thing limits to 80 kph, engine idled soon pops up...WTF???..Get it back to the shop and no codes... :scratch: , Run KOER and it sets EGR cooler performance and wastegate control performance..both are working...rerun KOER and no codes.. :scratch: . I shut it down and get prepared to clear the Engine Idle condition, turn the key back on and the message center is back to normal, NO WARNING MESSAGES...now I'm really confused..back out on the road I go and put 40 KM on the damn thing with no issues..

Have I mentioned I HATE these things? 

• 3 weeks later...

So.....Have another one giving me grief. Confirmed EGR system good, Fuel system good, DEF system good. Found DEF crystallization on the mixer, ran 2 manual regens and cleared the message. Put 20 km's on it, all good. Customer picks it up, 230 km's later and the message is back. Speed limited to 80 KPH after next key cycle. Funny thing is, he cycles the key and it hasn't limited to 80 KPH yet. Has anyone here figured out what conditions cause the excessive DEF crystallization build up on the mixer. He does idle his truck, but not excessive, and he pulls a holiday trailer with it.

In the middle of one right now. Truck had a turbo failure, sent oil down the exhaust. Another tech put in the turbo, contacted hotline to see if entire exhaust should be replaced due to contamination. Hotline replied with telling him to remove assembly and stand on end to drain oil for 24 hours and perform multiple regens. He has done as directed, this thing smoked out half the dealer parking lot for the better half of the day before it finally cleaned up. Performed scr drive cycle, retested, came back clear and shipped it. Came back a few days later with p207f, he ran the pinpoint test and threw a nox sensor at it. He went on vacation and now its back with same code. The only thing I confirmed was a def injector leak after running leak test multiple times back to back. It would pass the dosing test every time but when I let it sit under pressure running the leak test you would start to see it seep and if I wiped my finger across it, it would be wet. Replaced the injector, reset everything and did scr drive cycle. I put 40 miles on it and retest, p207f  didn't return but now has p020ee or whatever the code is for scr efficiency. I'm calling bullshit on ford hotline claim of draining and doing manual regens. Waiting to throw assembly on and see what happens. Ford claims the 6.7 doc, dpc, scr assembly is a lot more robust compared to the 6.4 but I don't see how it could still work efficiently when its coked up with oil. This is only the second time I have had to diagnose this code and its going about as well as the first time. Its seems like nobody has any luck with it.

In the middle of one right now. Truck had a turbo failure, sent oil down the exhaust. Another tech put in the turbo, contacted hotline to see if entire exhaust should be replaced due to contamination. Hotline replied with telling him to remove assembly and stand on end to drain oil for 24 hours and perform multiple regens. He has done as directed, this thing smoked out half the dealer parking lot for the better half of the day before it finally cleaned up. Performed scr drive cycle, retested, came back clear and shipped it. Came back a few days later with p207f, he ran the pinpoint test and threw a nox sensor at it. He went on vacation and now its back with same code. The only thing I confirmed was a def injector leak after running leak test multiple times back to back. It would pass the dosing test every time but when I let it sit under pressure running the leak test you would start to see it seep and if I wiped my finger across it, it would be wet. Replaced the injector, reset everything and did scr drive cycle. I put 40 miles on it and retest, p207f  didn't return but now has p020ee or whatever the code is for scr efficiency. I'm calling bullshit on ford hotline claim of draining and doing manual regens. Waiting to throw assembly on and see what happens. Ford claims the 6.7 doc, dpc, scr assembly is a lot more robust compared to the 6.4 but I don't see how it could still work efficiently when its coked up with oil. This is only the second time I have had to diagnose this code and its going about as well as the first time. Its seems like nobody has any luck with it.

Hotline told me the same thing about oil in the the src system, i have a hard time believing that it would not damage it some how.

• 2 weeks later...

I got a 15 with 16k miles on it back a second time with p207f. when you guys have these are you able to clear p207f from koec? I followed ppt put a nox12 in. passes koer and koeo ppt says if still have p207f replace nox11 but I am unsure how I should answer.

• 6 months later...

Pickup I assume, and not a C&C?  C&C would have the DPF ahead of this area. Any restriction problems? Did you check DPF pressures by chance?  Did you run a regen and verify temps were good?  I know it's not part of a 207F but this is what goes through my mind......

:grin:

Wow, even pre DPF that is a lot of crud. I wonder if the EGTs are not getting up to temp during regen. What color is the tailpipe inside? Any black there?

I'll look on Monday. I was gonna throw in a hotline request with the pics Friday night, but I got busy and forgot.

Pickup I assume, and not a C&C? C&C would have the DPF ahead of this area. Any restriction problems? Did you check DPF pressures by chance? Did you run a regen and verify temps were good? I know it's not part of a 207F but this is what goes through my mind......

:grin:

Yes it is a pickup. I was planning on a regen no matter what. It's got 900 hours on it and either 360 or 390 of them are idle hours. I will look at dpf pressure too. Any idea what's normal? I don't remember right off hand.

Finished ppt rd. It says to replace dpf assy based on step rd24 and nox 2 not staying below 50 on steady 45mph cruise. Dpf pressure is 0.11 psi at idle and 3.0 psi at wot no load. Egt's were all the same this morning and it came out of forced idle just fine. Waiting on regen and then I wanna drive it and watch nox 2 again. Tailpipe is spotless too.