Snapped a few pics of the 2017 Superduty.

Rate this topic

They have made a few changes. New air box and filter, new EGR valve, redesigned CAC tubes, redesigned fuel routing at the secondary filter, no more crankcase ventilation sensor. Eliminated the bypass hose from when they eliminated the EGR cooler from the secondary cooling system. Charge air cooler remains the same. I am sure there is more, these are the few I was able to see during the PDI, by another tech. Was hoping I would get the first one. 

20160825 160056

20160825 160044

20160825 160030

20160825 160022

20160825 160014

20160825 155813

20160825 155720

Go to the WSM and look at the Primary Fuel Filter replacement procedure. That looks fun.

Doesn't look too bad. Not sure as to why the return line needs to be disconnected, but I am sure I won't be doing it. Also noticed the low pressure pump is now in the tank. 

On a side note: While going through the WSM I have noticed a lot of changes. The DEF tank is completely new for one thing. The crankcase oil separator is new. The procedure for disconnecting it from the intake is messed. If you go to Lower Intake manifold removal it tells you that if you disconnect the tube from the intake you have to replace the entire separator.

On a side note: While going through the WSM I have noticed a lot of changes. The DEF tank is completely new for one thing. The crankcase oil separator is new. The procedure for disconnecting it from the intake is messed. If you go to Lower Intake manifold removal it tells you that if you disconnect the tube from the intake you have to replace the entire separator.

I replaced fuel system on a 16 f550 this week and the wsm says same about crank vent hose. I was able to disconnect it and reuse without ruining it.

Did you guys get one in?

Yes, Took a bit to get used to the look of the F150 cab on there, but overall a very nice truck.

I replaced fuel system on a 16 f550 this week and the wsm says same about crank vent hose. I was able to disconnect it and reuse without ruining it.

Good to know.

• 2 weeks later...

The guy who buys most of our wholesaled used cars got a black lariat with a 6.7 last week. He doesn't like it so far. Said the truck feels a lot bigger on the road than his 16 and doesn't feel like it has as much power.

We got one gasser in but I haven't looked at it yet

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I know this was mentioned already, but have you guys seen the primary fuel filter?  It's completely different and the FP is now inside the tank.

gallery_59_141_357156.jpg

Can anyone verify the body is aluminum?  I didn't have a magnet with me.

:grin:

gallery_59_141_577663.jpg

Yes Bruce, the 2017 6.7L trucks use an in-tank fuel delivery module (pump) and a tank mounted 10 micron filter/water separator. And if you didn't see the post, the aft-axle fuel tanks are now plastic from the factory.

The body is indeed aluminum.

We just had two 2017 F550 6.7 delivered. Several small differences but did not look at the pump setup close enough, going to check it out now and see if they are the same as the pickups