2008 6.4L USAF plane puller

Rate this topic

absolutely no DPF/EGR/DOC/EGR coolers...nada zilch zippo. might even be able to work on this without pulling the cab. huge amount of space around the engine with all that crap off of it.

customer complains of coolant leak...actually coolant loss. found cooling system pressure in excess of 30 psi...uh-oh.

This is gonna be good

This truck come with emissions control delete, or was it removed after the fact?

Be interesting to see the HVBOM and Asbuilt for this machine.

Does the placard under the hood reflect the removal of emissions equipment?

They normally go to the mod center after production where all the emissions equipment is removed. Part of the process is to reflash the ECU with a derated "non-regen" cal. I believe it carries the same rating as a F450. If it was a mod center vehicle it should have the ITEC tag removed from the valve cover, along with the emissions and noise labels removed from the drivers door. New underhood and fuel door stickers should be in place as well. HVBOM and asbuilt will probably show regular production part numbers because it leaves the factory that way.

Installed that way, engine supplied by navistar to the USgovt. was supposed to be shipped overseas and can run off of jet fuel or kerosene. no placard in place stating anything related to emmissions. hvbom....sure.

OASIS RESULT:

1FDWF34R78ED89930

03/31/2009

16:04:26

FCXWS446

© Copyright 2002-2008 Ford Motor Company. All rights reserved.

VEHICLE INFORMATION

VEHICLE DESCRIPTION

2008 F-SERIES BODY STYLE

F-350 CHASSIS CAB REGCAB 4X2 ENGINE

6.4L TC DIESEL V8

TRANSMISSION

TORQSHIFT AXLE CODE

3L ENGINE CALIBRATION

WARNING MESSAGES

HIGH SULFUR DIESEL - FOR USAGE OUTSIDE THE US ONLY

ARN MESSAGES

GENERAL WARRANTY INFORMATION

WARRANTY START DATE

04/03/2008 BUILD DATE

04/03/2008 SALE MILEAGE

OUTSTANDING FIELD SERVICE ACTIONS

08B07

CERTAIN 2008 MODEL YEAR F-SUPER DUTY VEHICLES EQUIPPED WITH A 6.4L DIESEL ENGINE REPROGRAM THE POWERTRAIN CONTROL MODULE (PCM) AND INSTRUMENT CLUSTER (IC)

08B06

6.4L DIESEL ENGINE COOLING SYSTEM VENTURI TEE INSTALLATION

EXTENDED COVERAGES

NO ESP INFORMATION AVAILABLE

WARRANTY REPAIR HISTORY

NO RECENT REPAIR HISTORY ON VEHICLE

Click Here for Full Warranty History

| On-line 1878

END OF OASIS REPORT FOR 1FDWF34R78ED89930

note the warning

Ok so I had a look. It shows in HVBOM that this vehicle has a cat and DPF on it, but what I'm failing to understand is how a DPF lives on regular diesel/kero/jet fuel?

Says in "Features" in HVBOM :

ENGINE - EMISSION REQUIREMENTS

DGAAE 50 STATE EMISSION REQS

but then in another breath, it states:

FUEL - DIESEL FUEL CONTENT

GBYAC HI SULFUR DIESEL FUEL CONTENT

This one's a head scratcher.

Aaron,

In most cases HVBOM only knows what the factory builds. The mod centers are not Ford facilities. They are an offsite purchased service. The trucks that are designated high sulfur go to the mod center for the retrofit. When they are delivered to the facility they are regular production 50-state trucks. The only thing that makes them hi-sulfur at that point is the window sticker. The mod center removes the exhaust and egr, flashes the ECU and ships it to the end user.

• 2 weeks later...

We have lots of the 6.0 tugs come through our shop. hope I can see a 6.4 truck soon. the 6.0s all had coolers and egr valves on them tho.

they are a short little truck. also only go 35mph which I found out the hard way pulling into traffic!!

I got it, I got it...please note the USAF lettering, drab olive green paint, and the particulate coming out the tailpipe, due to the lack of DPF.

Posted Image