First look

Rate this topic

I plan a visit to TX state fair with a roll of pennies. I'll toss 'em under the hood and see if any find their way to the ground....

The styling is sharp and the new vents look nice. As a person who tows tractors and hay in some hilly terrain I LOVE the selectshift feature. Ford truck guys do listen.

I likes it. I like the grille on the first truck on the page...wonder if converting my 08 to look like a '11 is possible.

I am unsure as tho the claims about fuel economy though, didn't Ford tell us the 6.4 was gonna be a fuel miser?

I seem to recall that hollow promise as well. However, so far so good. I'm going into this one with a positive attitude unlike the the attitude I had towards the Sick-0 and 6.4L. We'll see how my attitude is in a year or two when we see what it's track record is. Still looks ugly to work on though.

The blue oval does have a bit of "Bling" to it. The Europeans have been getting into the oversize emblems and now Fomoco seems to have picked up on it. The HUGE grille and its forward placement sort of needs a huge emblem to be balanced.

"Success has many fathers, but failure is an orphan."

It is almost comical how many times they get across the thought in the ads that this is Fords' baby, in order to distance themselves from the Navistar 6.0/6.4 debacle.

It looks like they have brought back my favorite tool tray too! I missed that area right behind the grill by the hood latch when the 6.4s came out! Any news on horsepower, torque, or mileage? Looks like a nice truck--too bad we have to wait 6 months for one!

One thing I find ironic is that in the 2011 Super Duty web page there is a section for "Enthusiasts Sites" where there are links to several forums and sites. Not all of them, but many are are full of, or are dedicated to, modifying, and cannibalizing Power Stroke diesel engines... talk about chipping, tuning, defeating FEDERAL emissions devices, racing and screwing the dealers when they fuck up their trucks.

I realize Ford wanted to get the word out about this new truck and engine and while "including" these forums may help speed this process it certainly was not necessary by any means as the news will and has spread like wildfire. I realize that this targets the truck buying demographic however I am concerned that this might look as though Ford condones these web sites and their content. Whilst some are responsible reporting venues others are a well known hot bed of trouble for US. I feel like Ford is warning US about modifications neglect and abuse while saying something different out of the other side of their mouth.

I just find this ironic. Posted Image

Am I reading too much into this? Posted Image

This new website changed my mind on not-waiting for the new truck. I am so going to buy a new 6.7L. Look at when Ford makes an engine in house....barely any problems. I usually see problems when they outsource everything like with navistar. I can't wait to see fuel economy numbers on the 6.7L and 6.2L also.

BTW has anyone seen how ugly the new chevy dually 3500 trucks are....blah...looks like it has 13'' rims on it.

• 3 weeks later...

while I was at the texas oklahoma game I finally got to look at this truck first hand. It looks real good and I like it alot. Still am not a fan of the rear fenders on the dually though. I got to see a cutaway of the engine and I liked it. I do not think that it is going to be real simple to work on though. It does look pretty crammed in the engine compartment. I also saw what looks like may be a factory gooseneck and 5th wheel hitch on a cutaway truck. I hope that this will be an option. Overall I like it. I just hope it is a better built engine than the last 2.

I also saw what looks like may be a factory gooseneck and 5th wheel hitch on a cutaway truck. I hope that this will be an option.

In all the reading I've done on it, I did read somewhere that this was a new option Ford has developed for the 2011 model year, Don't remember where I saw that....

When I was at the fair I picked up a brochure on the '11 SD's and it listed the fifth wheel hitch as being industry first factory option.

I agree about the dually fenders. They look cheesy on an otherwise

attractive truck. The dually fenders look like the ones they used to sell with the make-a-dually kits that were popular in the past.