No more sick days?

Rate this topic

kellyf

WE were just informed in pay check stub no more sick days for flat rate employees.This doesn't sound legal to me,and in my 22 years of hard work have never seen a company that did not pay sick day pay.What do you guys think of this bs?

This is the first dealer I've ever worked at that has HAD sick days. We used to get 'Personal Paid Holidays' at the union shop I was at, at Kingland or Highbury I didn't get sick days.

We lost ours a year ago. We also lost that third week of vacation at the 10 year mark - now we top out at two weeks after 3 years....

I've never been paid for being sick.... nor did I expect to...

Getting paid for "not working" doesn't sound right....

Not getting paid while working doesn't sound right either, due to some flat rate warranty b.s.

"No more sick days for flat rate employees" So does this mean the other employees under different pay plans, salary or hourly, still get sick days? Your posting makes it sound like the technicians were singled out.

Yes,they say flat rate employees are not full time,because we are not hourly employees.Just disgusted by the way they did this.It was nasty in my opinion.The oil change guys still get sick pay.Just a slap in the face!

Yes,they say flat rate employees are not full time,because we are not hourly employees.Just disgusted by the way they did this.It was nasty in my opinion.The oil change guys still get sick pay.Just a slap in the face!

Being certified now-a-days has no benifits.

Worked at a dealership for 27 years, never heard of a paid sick day. I go to work sick, misery loves company. Stay home when you feel good. Insurance will kick in if off for a week, provided you haven't starved to death.