plugged dpf

Rate this topic

I have an 08 f250 out of warranty with dtcs p2643 and p264c. I have tried to preform manual regen but will not. Ids says that dpf is clogged but does not start regen it just idles. I don't work 6.4 to much mostly 6.0. Has any one else had this problem. Also has anyone been or tried to clean dpf. I hear that truck industry is cleaning them.

Depends on where you are located.. There is a facility in Windsor, Ontario that does it. Check in the phone book, or maybe on the internet.

Bruce might know a place off the top of his head.

Oddly enough, the only one I know of is at the Cleveland School Board. Even our local IH dealer takes them there to be cleaned. It's set up for the cartridge style DPF and I'm not sure if a 6.4 will fit in it. How far are you from Cleveland?

Posted Image

I still get a kick out of that picture. I am still surprised that three years into this that there is a lack of DPF cleaning facilities around. More surprisingly is that I for one have not seen a truck yet that has had an ash loaded DPF. I have had one or two that were plugged and I assume thy could be serviceable with an oven. That would be cheaper than a new filter yes?

could check with your cat dealer. Our shop has a dpf cleaner, however not all dpf will work with our cleaner. We had a guy with a dodge out of warranty and his dpf was plugged and he needed a new one. He did not want to pay the 1,000 dollars for the new one so wanted to know if we could clean it. However the end caps are welded on, and there was no way it could be cleaned in our machine. The machines are extremely expensive for cleaning dpf's but I too am surprised that there is not more places with the equipment.

$1k is cheap

They retail around $2600 in Canada, if I recall rightly. 9C3Z-5H221-B i think is the latest-and-greatest p/n. It doesn't price out on Tasca's website.

• 3 weeks later...

To the OP, how many miles are on the truck? They do have a service life of 120,000 miles (or less depending on operating conditions). I have just replaced them, usually under Cali emissions warranty if out of base powertrain.

I have an 08 f250 out of warranty with dtcs p2643 and p264c. I have tried to preform manual regen but will not. Ids says that dpf is clogged but does not start regen it just idles. I don't work 6.4 to much mostly 6.0. Has any one else had this problem. Also has anyone been or tried to clean dpf. I hear that truck industry is cleaning them.

What is your DPF pressure pid while idling and while driving moderately? Also what are your EGT 11 and EGT12 readings?

I used the mexician manual regen. installed and test drove went through regen and okay. i gave back to customer and told customer i pluggs again he will need to regen. I live about 1.5 hours from cleveland did most off training there.

• 8 months later...

I have a truck here. 08 no warranty 160,000 miles. Regens approx every 70 miles. Like clockwork. Customer uses the truck for construction so it gets worked. Idles 10-15 min in the morning. DPF showed part-plugged 19 miles after regen was done. DPF time? Can these be cleaned anywhere near central MN?

Yes, it sounds like DPF time. If there is ANY facility that cleans 6.4 DPFs, I'd like to know about it. All of the major mfr DPF cleaning devices are designed for large can- type DPFs and not for LD style DPFs. I attended a conference a few months ago on DPFs and none of the DPF cleaner mfr's would service LD units at all. That doesn't leave us a lot of options.

Posted Image

This is the most popular unit on the HD side of our industry:

Posted Image