Turning a 4-day weekend into a 3 1/2- day weekend

Rate this topic

Mekanik

Does anyone know what this is? I'll give you a hint. It does NOT come with a 6.4L long block and has the potential to turn a four day weekend into a 3 1/2 day weekend.

Posted Image

Ouch! bitten by the old flex plate spacer.

If it makes you feel any better, I forgot the bell housing spacer in a 5.4 Navigator recently... Not fun to fix on flat rate.

Ah yes! I just did a 6.4L long block and forgot that too!!! Except I couldn't bet the torque converter studs to cooperate as I was installing the block. Slept on it and decided to check if it was there and sure enough, I overlooked it. Fortunately for me I caught it with the engine still dangling from the engine hoist.

Jeff E-i did the same thing on a 5.4 when i was at ford and definitly not fun,fortunitly i was able to push the trans and case just back enough tol slide it in.

Haha I knew I wasn't the first tech to do this. I got the thing running about 5:15pm Friday. I was trying to get done because I'm taking Monday and Tuesday off. The thing was making one hell of a noise and I thought the starter was staying engaged. I removed the starter and could see that the flex plate was rubbing on the starter. Posted Image

I have a spare 5.4 trigger wheel I like to put on guys service carts after they've got the front cover and valve covers on Posted Image

That's terrible. By terrible I mean that you're going straight to hell, and that you have a sense of humor just like me. Posted Image

A few mos ago i put the trigger wheel on the wrong slot on a 3.0 escape but i removed the crank pulley after it was torqued and all the cover bolts-valve covers not on yet. Good thing because it started right up. One time i was finishing up heads on a 4.6 and i forgot the trigger wheel, thankfully i just realized it when the cover was sitting in place without any bolts yet.

I can't say I ever forgot the spacer but I put an engine in a 6.0 short bus once and, in true short bus fashion, put the flexplate on BACKWARDS, lol. That was no fun to fix without a lift.

Dave

De-de-de. Lol