What do you do away from work? PART 2

Rate this topic

Keith Browning

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks!! We don't have anything set up for downloading mp3's just yet, we should have our stuff available on iTunes soon though.

If you want though, just shoot me your e-mail address and I can send you the other tracks, right now we've got 7 recorded and released it as our "EP", hehehe.

Dave

Spare times seems like a harder thing to come by now days. If its not normal day job work its side work to make up lost wages from the previous crappy weeks. My rock crawler keep sme busy with metal fabrication or repairs after a long weekend of wheeling. hitting up the sand dunes on the quad in the winter is always a blast. pretty much camping that involves rockcrawling or quads takes up my spare time. Im an avid shooter as well.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Hey dude, in the second to last picture there, I don't think your windshield would pass our rigorous 138 point used car inspection.

Email for the tunage is big_angry_hillbilly at yahoo dot ca

That's dot CA not dot COM, on account that I live in Canada.

And it's a holiday here, so I am clearly recovering from the bender to end all benders. Can someone please make my keyboard quieter....

• 3 weeks later...

no diesel in that thing, just a little ol 4 banger I run at redline...Ive thought about building one with the 7.3 motor sitting in my garage however it would be waaaay to heavy

windshield is now gone after the last roll. Had to cut and sleave sections of bent cage to repair. That was a HARD hit from about 15ft straight down onto the a-piller on a sharp jagged rock, in the rain around midnight. That was a loooong night. I have a new found respect for my welding ability now after that.

I am a man of many Hobbys. I brew my own beers, wines and hard ciders. Currently have a Hard cider, Irish stout, cherry wheat, cream ale and american amber fermenting in basement (all 5 gallon batches.)

I keg the majority of what I brew I have a fridge with 3 5 gal kegs in it in the garage. currently have a brown ale an IPA and a hard lemonade in the kegs.

I play guitar and Bass, currently not in any bands but I am being hounded to pick up the bass and play for a "bar band" (not likely to happen)

I enjoy Classic cars and drag racing. I have a big block 66 Dodge Coronet and a big block 89 Dodge Dakota. I have a stroker 500ci in the works for the Dakota and the Coronet is likely going to get new paint over the winter.

I also am getting back into bowhunting for bear and whitetailed deer.

Past couple years I built a new house and garage so time on computer had been limited and hobbies on hold. feels good to get back into things.

Currently have a Hard cider, Irish stout, cherry wheat, cream ale and american amber fermenting in basement (all 5 gallon batches.)

I keg the majority of what I brew I have a fridge with 3 5 gal kegs in it in the garage. currently have a brown ale an IPA and a hard lemonade in the kegs.

Yeah were gonna need that address there buddy....... Posted Image

Most of my time outside of work is spent with my wife and two children. I have two daughters, Samantha is eight and Mackenzie is six. They both do gymnastics and Samantha is on a hip-hop dance team. I take a lot of bike rides with them, and their friends think I'm cool because I'll let as many girls sleep over as they want. This year we have gone to three different water parks four different times, and Great America twice already (we're going back next month). My kids are now old enough to do a lot of really fun stuff, so I'm definitely enjoying this stage of parenthood.

My wife is a stay at home mom who is going to school part time for graphic design. Her first day of school was actually today. We’ll be married ten years in November.

Besides being a totally dedicated father and husband I run marathons. I'm currently training for my tenth marathon (The Chicago Marathon in October). I also do some mountain biking and I ride my bike to work almost every day. I also like to cook. I make a nice breakfast every Sunday. Sometimes I cook with my kids, and that is really a lot of fun. Although it's hard to find the time, I am a total book worm. I've got a strange obsession with Mount Everest, so I've read about 10-15 books on the tallest mountain in the world.

I like to stay involved in my kid’s school, so I volunteer time there whenever I can. I usually end up being the ‘party planner’ in the class and end up planning and running the three parties during the school year, sometimes I’ll leave work in the afternoon for an hour to read to the kids or have them read to me. My favorite thing to do at the school is helping out with what my kid’s school calls ‘Fun Days’. This is a day the kids spend outside doing different activities and games, ending with the tug of war.

So that is basically my life in a nutshell.

We have 2 boys, 7 and 9 years old. My life away from work revolves around them. They love hockey so from September until late March their hockey schedules keep my wife(luckily she is very organized)and I on the road to the arena. We have about 2 weeks off in April before lacrosse season starts and then another 2 weeks til soccer season starts. This keeps us all hopping until the end of June. Our summer is busy too as we love camping. We have progressed from a tent, when there was just the two of us, to a small basic tent trailer, which sufficed until our eldest was a baby. Lacking a furnace, we endured a cold, rainy labour day weekend that was the reason for getting a larger, better equipped tent trailer. Tired of spending 1 1/2 hours to get it set up and unpacked, we bought a used hybrid trailer last fall. It needed some work, but the price was right, so we have been enjoying camping in it so far this season. I keep busy, when time permits, fixing or improving/renovating our home. It was 20 years old when we bought it in 1998, the year we got married and we got it for a great price because it was at the age when it needed some TLC. I try to put family first at home because kids grow up so fast. We have a large country lot with room for a soccer/baseball field, volleyball/badminton net, basketball hoop, 2 hockey nets for road hockey, a 4 hole improvised golf course, etc, so we spend a lot of time, weather permitting, oudoors. There are lots of abandoned railway tracks converted to rail trails in the area, so we bike as well. I had a 2 1/2 bay shop built a few years ago to store and allow me to work on projects, so when money and time and ambition come together, I go out there. My last project was a fully loaded 2001 Windstar with a rotted out subframe. I bought it for $500, stripped some of the goodies from it(16 inch aluminum wheels with brand new Michelins, CD player, visor with universal remote, etc.), put a few hundred into it and resold it for $3500. The good parts went into my wife's 2000 Windstar. I bought another one with lots of km and bad body rot for $200 and srtipped lots of parts from it as well, then resold it for $350. Posted Image

• 2 weeks later...

I work rediculous hours in the EMS world. I can be putting injectors in a 6.0 now,and saving a life in 20 minutes. In the rare event that I get time off, I spend it with my wife and my 13yr old either camping,fishing or boating.

I just finished a week off... did a lot of yard work by re-doing all of my gardens including hand spreading 5 yards of mulch and completely cleaning up the property. The second half of the week took us back to camp Jellystone with my girls and my brother's and my sister's my sister's family's. It was nice to have all of the cousins together on a trip for the first time many of whom caught their first fish.

Here is my 4-year-old with a Sunny caught with a pink Princess fishing pole!

It matches her dress nicely, don't you think?

Posted Image

I just finished a week off... did a lot of yard work by re-doing all of my gardens including hand spreading 5 yards of mulch and completely cleaning up the property. The second half of the week took us back to camp Jellystone with my girls and my brother's and my sister's my sister's family's. It was nice to have all of the cousins together on a trip for the first time many of whom caught their first fish.

Here is my 4-year-old with a Sunny caught with a pink Princess fishing pole!

It matches her dress nicely, don't you think?

Posted Image

That's what it's all about!! Family is the reason we do what we do!! I'm not sure I'd work as hard as I do if I only had to worry about me!!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I've been dabbling in a little astrophotography recently. Here's one of my recent attempts at a 4 day old waxing moon, one hour after sunset. Cannon A590S, 1/60th, F2.6, infinite focus through 40mm super plossl in 8" F10 LX-90.

The darker flat spot about halfway along the terminator is Mare Tranquillitatis - the Sea of Tranquility - the location of the Apollo 11 landing in July of 1969.

Posted Image

I took this at an IATN campout almost 10 years ago in the middle of the night after numerous flammable beverages after a long loud argument with Damon about alternators, I think. It was shot with an Olympus D510 pocket camera held up the the eyepiece of a telescope that someone had brought. I was too drunk to remember what the camera settings were.

Posted Image

PS: I'm really not much of a photographer.

Posted Image

i shoot a lot, do a little varmint hunting and benchrest shooting. I hand load all my own ammo.

this is my pride and joy

Posted Image

savage model 12 VLP .22-250 8 twist. shilen match barrel, .252 neck, chamber set at minimum headspace. HS precision PSV 118 stock, sharp shooter trigger and a cnc recoil lug. put it together myself. definitely capable of taking varmints at 500yds

my working close range varmint rifle is a rem 700sps .17 fireball with a hs sporter stock and a jewell HVR trigger set at a crisp 1lb. this one has killed a lot of vermen

Posted Image

i also bass fish a lot in the summer but that's a story for another day. I used to be into cars too until i made it a living

I love guns. My Ruger Mini 14 is my baby. I just bought an SKS off my dealer who used to be my Mac Tool dealer. Now he's my comrade or brother in arms so to speak. I love to restore old timer rifles. I love to collect them. That Savage is a nice unit. Maybe I'll get into building home made canons like my ex Mac dealer does. He gets all the old wheel weights from S.L Ford and melts them down into canon slugs. Now if that ain't cool shit, I don't know what is. Posted Image