Cracked housing

Rate this topic

Anybody have a oil filter housing crack and leak oil? It cracked on the front side next to the webbing where it goes to the fuel filter housing. This particular rig is an 06 F-550 with 73,000 miles on it. I havent heard of one of these before. Was a cheap fix though the housing was 120 bucks and change with o-rings. took about 45 minutes to change out. Just wondering if anyone else has run into this before. Must happen from time to time. My dealer ordered from minneapolis and had her the next day.

I've seen a couple cracked normally just above one of the hold down bolts - seems to me it's from someone wrenching these down with the filter/cap already screwed into them and causing resistance as they're bolting it down.

Pretty easy fix though!

I've seen a couple cracked normally just above one of the hold down bolts - seems to me it's from someone wrenching these down with the filter/cap already screwed into them and causing resistance as they're bolting it down.

Pretty easy fix though!

And what kind of hack would do this?

There was a guy on the Inford board that had one, changed it, it broke again. I told him to check base oil pressure, and he started pulling a fuckin' attitude with me about plastic parts breaking first and shit...

He checks base oil pressure, it's like 240psi or something to that effect. He was a pretty rude fellow.

He checks base oil pressure, it's like 240psi or something to that effect. He was a pretty rude fellow.

Is that BASE oil pressure or ICP pressure?