DODGE DIESEL

Rate this topic

dieseldog

They may have a better engine, depending on the user's opinions but as far as the rest of the truck... well lets just say it leaves alot to be desired.

Pretty much the consensus is that Dodge trucks are a pile of shit and from what I see in my shop I think "they" are right. Ironically I was reading an article on the heavy duty trucks and most diesel owners shop for the engines first and the vehicles second. Safe to say that Dodge owners LOVE their Cummins engines.

Now a ford with a cummins engine THAT would be an awsome truck.

Seen it. There is a place somewhere in Montana that would swap in Cummins into F-series chasis. We would buy the used engines off them when we needed them.

The theory I was told is because a v8 is more "driveable" when not towing. The power is in a higher powerband and more comparable to a gas engine that people were familiar with. I am a firm believer that an inline 6 is a better puller, the reason most heavy duty engines are inline 6. Now as far as a cummins in a ford would be an awesom truck is a matter of opinion. . . . . . a Ford with a caterpillar now we are talking awesome trucks. Since we dont build on-highway engines anymore, I guess that will never happen unless. . . . . . I am in the process of doing just that(Cat into a ford). I finally have a good chassis to start with and will be starting this endeavour in a couple months when I get the b farmall I am working on done and the winter storage junk out of my shop.

I know this is a diesel website and all, but it seems to me that a lot of people are going through a lot of effort just to have a diesel engine in their truck. I just want a truck that I never have to lay a wrench on.