Keith Browning

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
I wish I had another one to do
Posted Image

Tough choice. I don't know what would be worse, working on a diesel Econoline or not working.

Posted Image

Eh, you get numb to working on diesel E-Series trucks after a while. But some guys like Mr. Chan might require a big hammer to the skull to become sufficiently numb! His hatred for them runs deep.

Posted Image

For the record, I've never said I REFUSED to work on them. For the right money, I will work on them just like any other vehicle. I just said I didn't LIKE working on them.

Originally Posted By: mchan68
For the record, I've never said I REFUSED to work on them.

Who said that you REFUSE to work on them? Posted Image I don't see that anywhere.

Mike is just more vocal of his hatred for these outcasts of the diesel world.

Mike is just more vocal of his hatred for these outcasts of the diesel world.

Leon, all I can say is that engine had to be one FoMoCo's BIGGEST clusterfucks ever.

four! four? rear diffs. all this week.

- '10 F150 (polar bear plates) 9.75 posi. came in with the prop shaft in the bed, half of the rear pinion still on the u-joint flange. pumpkin cracked open, box of marbles inside. parts on order and somehow got prior approval

- 05 F250 full floating with hooped pinion bearing. done and kicked out today

- '10 F150 (polar bear plates) 9.75 posi. rear pinion has a good 1/4" of slop at the u-joint. parts on order

- 06 F150 9.75 posi. rear pinion bearing toast. inherited this from another tech on vacation. got 'er done and kicked out today - new bearings and cups on the pinion and sides. new frictions.

Econolines are not that bad once you get used to them. Certain things do suck like oil cooler jobs and if you get one that needs head gaskets. There are jobs that are easier to do then fseries like turbos, rear exuast work and FICM's.

Actually i once did a turbo on one without taking the front apart-the engine was still warm. I reached around the front of the turbo and loosened the clamps and heater lines, unbolt everything else and right out in just under a half hour.

four! four? rear diffs. all this week.

- '10 F150 (polar bear plates) 9.75 posi. came in with the prop shaft in the bed, half of the rear pinion still on the u-joint flange. pumpkin cracked open, box of marbles inside. parts on order and somehow got prior approval

- '10 F150 (polar bear plates) 9.75 posi. rear pinion has a good 1/4" of slop at the u-joint. parts on order

Front plate say Kingland Ford?

Kinda .... some are sold from Kingland either in Yellowknife or Hay River. Others have been sold in Whitehorse and then travel up to places like Inukiv or Ft McPherson. When I say polar bear plates I generally mean trucks registered in the NWT.

I'm sure there are some really nice, clean units in Hay River and Yellowknife. The problem is that if they make it to me in Whitehorse it means they've driven either the Liard Trail or the Dempster Hwy to get here. These "highways" destroy trucks all day long.

Used to live in Hay River, the truck in the photo is mine.

Liked the Yellowknife dealership much better, if I'd lived and worked in Yellowknife I'd likely still be there.

still really slow so I'm building a running gear/cylinder rack for my MIG.

weldingcart.jpg

I want it to be large/sturdy enough to hold 2 machines and 2 80cu/ft tanks of shielding gas.

I also built the rolling work table below it

1967 mustang gt 500, runs rough. Pops and backfires on hard accel. Car has an 05 mustang gt powertrain. Kind-of felt funny using the ids on a 67 stang.2 bad coils and a bent pin on bank 2 vct phaser, and away she goes. Man does it go too....

1967 mustang gt 500, runs rough. Pops and backfires on hard accel. Car has an 05 mustang gt powertrain. Kind-of felt funny using the ids on a 67 stang.2 bad coils and a bent pin on bank 2 vct phaser, and away she goes. Man does it go too....

Pictures?