01 HPOP OIL LEAK

Rate this topic

I have an 01 that is leaking from the bottom port which ford says is unserviceable. I removed the pump and removed plug. Does the pin on port plug hold the check ball against the front of pump body. I assume check ball is there to seal the small port in pump when under pressure.

IH SFN 04-24

PN 1842906C92

Ball:1833830C1

1. Heat the fittings before removing them. They are Loctited in and removing them cold may trash the threads.

2. Torque to spec!

3. Beware success rate is not 100%.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

• Like 1

I believe it is a #4 O-ring boss hydraulic o-ring for that small fitting. I have a box full of seals for hydraulic fittings and that's where I've went for resealing that lil plug. Every pump that's leaking out of that plug I have been able to spin em out with my fingers, or no effort with a wrench, but putting a little heat to it won't hurt anything as Bruce said. That little check ball, make damn sure it's in place before you install the ferry plug.. Nothing will make your day worse than putting the pump back in to a no start cuz it fell out of position and having to pull the pump again.

I Pulled pump and plug threaded out buy hand. Priced new plug from local international dealer

and list price is eighty dollars. So I replaced o-ring and Loctite. Drove thirty miles with no leaks.

• 9 months later...

Just priced one of these kits at our local International dealer, suggested retail is $145.86 Canadian. Still cheaper than a pump though. I am assuming they are pretty quick to change judging by the cut away. Adding 1.0 to pump r&r I assume should surfice?

• 6 months later...

I did one today.

On the bench and everything.

Fucking thing won't start now. Makes ~250psi. Pulled it again. Ball and edge filter are in place.

Fucking Monday's....