What a waste!

Rate this topic

lmorris

The story starts 2 weeks ago with a couple of vehicle thefts. One has returned after it was involved in a police chase. The thieves broke into another dealer and stole an IDS to assist in the theft. Here is what came back to us.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

WOW THAT HAS TO BE THE BIGGEST WASTE OF A NICE MACHINE!!!! About the IDS though, I think thieves were pretty ballsy and smart to figure out the use of a factory scan tool. It will be interesting to see what they get, when they get caught.

So why steal the IDS to steal the truck? i would think finding the key should have been quicker no???

I know the dealer I used to work at the keys are not "locked up"  or in a locked office... Smart enought to take the IDS to bypass PATS but not smart enough to know where the keys are kept????

And yes that is a waste of a truck!!!

So why steal the IDS to steal the truck? i would think finding the key should have been quicker no???

I know the dealer I used to work at the keys are not "locked up"  or in a locked office... Smart enought to take the IDS to bypass PATS but not smart enough to know where the keys are kept????

I was thinking the same thing...

On top of that if you need to know how the IDS works to even use it to steal the truck.

That is impressive damage to that truck and I would be curious to see what it hit. The forces in the cab had to be huge in a accident like that

It hit the ditch during the police chase and rolled into a farmer's field. As for the IDS, they stole it from Westlock Ford. Broke into the shop, went straight for the IDS and left. Then they came here and used the IDS to program the new key they had, drilled out the lock cylinder and drove off. The driver is currently in police custody. 

Someone from Manitoba will buy that thing at the insurance auction, bring it back here, fix it up with used parts, sell it to some poor unsuspecting fuck, and it will be on my doorstep for warranty repairs.

Nobody ever says that crooks are smart. If they were, they wouldn't be crooks. Reminds me of the F250 diesel that was stolen here a few years back before pats keys were added to them. Instead of using a slim jim to unlock the door, they broke the plastic around the passenger door handle to access the lock rod. Then they destroyed the shroud and column to break out the cylinder. We recovered most of the truck after it had been stripped of wheels, tailgate, etc., but the bill to fix it was over $15,000. It was dealer traded. Buyer beware. :rotz: